XLT
First Name
CJ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 XLT FX4, 2014 Fiesta SE
Trim
XLT
Looks awesome!!! My White Hybrid is getting Bullet Liner installed tomorrow.
I know it varies by region but what price did they quote you? @rognus had Line-X for $525. Just curious the difference seeing as how the owner of Bullet once worked for/part-owned Line-X.

My XLT Luxury comes with the drop-in and I'm debating chunking it for spray-in. I've never had drop-ins and I hear the horror stories of moisture and rubbed paint but I have to "work" the budget or wifey gets upset!
Advertisement

CSmith

XLT
First Name
CJ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 XLT FX4, 2014 Fiesta SE
Trim
XLT
Has anybody had a spray in liner on a previous truck for a long period of time? Was curious how they age and what issues come up down the road. If it's chipping or breaking down, I guess you would just have it sprayed again? Thanks!
I had a Gator Guard spray-in by applied an installer on my 2013 F-150. There was no chipping or cracking after 8 years when I sold it to get my wife her 2020 F-150 (with a factory spray-in). The liner itself faded over time to a medium gray. It saw a lot of use but never "failed".

KeinoDoggy

XLT
First Name
Elliot
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback and Prius
Trim
XLT
I imagine that covered some holes up and had to redrill them
I can't really tell from the photos but are the bed's drain holes still open? I can see the ones up front below the window area on the white paint but not in the line-x photo.

OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

XLT
First Name
Trey
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Trim
XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I can't really tell from the photos but are the bed's drain holes still open? I can see the ones up front below the window area on the white paint but not in the line-x photo.
Yes they were clear

OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

XLT
First Name
Trey
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trim
XLT
Vehicle Showcase
looks good! I might get the plastic bed rails sprayed too if they think it will look clean. I think those are going to bake in the Arizona sun
It won't stick to plastic

Shecster

XLT
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Trim
XLT
Looks like a nice crisp clean job.

Question.....✔
I have a question. What does Ford put in place to get the FORD logo as shown in their factory spray in liner? Is it a metal plate with the logo embossed on it?

Last edited:

Ron Neal

Lariat
First Name
Ron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Trim
Lariat
Had my done at LineX today, very pleased with the work. This is the 4th truck they have done for me and always been happy. My truck is my baby so bed liner doesn't get abused so I cant really advise anyone about its durability and if I need a real work truck I have to borrow one.:)

kfw63

XLT
First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Outlander
Trim
XLT
I know it varies by region but what price did they quote you? @rognus had Line-X for $525. Just curious the difference seeing as how the owner of Bullet once worked for/part-owned Line-X.

My XLT Luxury comes with the drop-in and I'm debating chunking it for spray-in. I've never had drop-ins and I hear the horror stories of moisture and rubbed paint but I have to "work" the budget or wifey gets upset!
I worked my dealer to give the spray in liner and a couple other items at their cost rather than retail. Maybe you can try that so you can get the spray in and the wife wouldn’t get mad.

rognus

XLT
First Name
Roger
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Trim
XLT
Here's what mine looks like. Very happy with it!
IMG_1433.jpeg

rognus

XLT
First Name
Roger
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Trim
XLT
Not a great picture, but I also mentioned the drain hole fiasco and mine are nice and clear as well. Warranty as long as I own the truck (non-transferable).

Sandstorm

First Name
Anonymous
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Trim
Undecided
Why did everyone here make the decision to Line-X instead of rhino lining? Using Line-X in a truck is like nails on a chalkboard to me, I much prefer the more rubbery/softer texture of rhino lining. I believe they are about the same price.

OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

XLT
First Name
Trey
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trim
XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Why did everyone here make the decision to Line-X instead of rhino lining? Using Line-X in a truck is like nails on a chalkboard to me, I much prefer the more rubbery/softer texture of rhino lining. I believe they are about the same price.
Because it will outlast the truck.

STDriver03

XLT
First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford Sport Trac
Trim
XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I stopped by my dealer and had them drop the factory bedliner from my order. Maybe that will move me up in the line. Happy to see how nice the Line-X product worked out. Now I'll likely do the same thing.

Maui

XLT
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford Aspire 1.3 Litre / 63 HP
Trim
XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I went from ordering an XL with spray in option, to an XLT due to cruise control add on fears. Then, the first really cold weather hit us, and I was freezing my ass off. The Luxury package was added. My cheap truck suddenly isn't. Also, I experienced the Lux package price increase to $2500.00.

The reason I am mentioning it here is my spray is bed liner turned into a drop in. I am disappointed, but dang, It isn't like I plan on installing a flying bridge (although it would be nice) so it won't be a major change.

...ya' OK, I'm pissed!

Last edited:
Advertisement

Advertisement