First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mav XL Hybrid, Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here’s a Motor Trend article (almost an ad, really) about Line-X. A few things I’d never heard about Line-X: The pump and sprayer that they use heats the Part A and Part B components to 165F at 2,100 PSI. When sprayed on, the liner hardens in a few seconds. There are photos and videos of the process. If you scroll half way down the page to the heading “How LINE-X Is Applied” there is a video of the actual application.

https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/what-is-line-x/
Sponsored

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester (current toad)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got to watch much of the Line-X application process when they did my Jeep Gladiator. Product has retained a good look, plus having a camper shell helps and it has stood up much abuse since it has been my work vehicle. (y)

OP
OP
A Sturdy Beast

A Sturdy Beast

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got to watch much of the Line-X application process when they did my Jeep Gladiator. Product has retained a good look, plus having a camper shell helps and it has stood up much abuse since it has been my work vehicle. (y)
Everyone does seem to love Line-X. I’ve only seen one compliant on my local one, they got the spray too thick on somebody’s tailgate. It left a blob and the tailgate was troublesome to close.

By the way, our trucks were built the same day, June 13th.

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I think they did a good job on mine. They explained the Maverick has a ton of things that have to be removed before they can sand and spray. I dropped it off at 8 and left for a while to get breakfast. Good thing- it was not done till after 1:00. I told them I was more interested in quality than speed.

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Everyone does seem to love Line-X. I’ve only seen one compliant on my local one, they got the spray too thick on somebody’s tailgate. It left a blob and the tailgate was troublesome to close.

By the way, our trucks were built the same day, June 13th.
Guess in my case it helped hovering over my Gladiator like a mother hen. :D

Hope June 13th was a good extra quality day at the plant. 🤞 According to my Window Sticker our blend# was 410 out of 835 for the day. If yours was close to that, then ours may have rolled off the line about the same time.

Our Maverick is just east of St. Louis with an ETA in Florida on July 5th. Then extra time to ship it to the dealership. After waiting for 20 months, it cannot get here soon enough!

Best of luck on yours! :)

Sponsored

Hillbilly

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
LineX put dummy bolts in every single bolt hole so none of the threads were fouled. Two thumbs up

OP
OP
A Sturdy Beast

A Sturdy Beast

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Guess in my case it helped hovering over my Gladiator like a mother hen. :D

Hope June 13th was a good extra quality day at the plant. 🤞 According to my Window Sticker our blend# was 410 out of 835 for the day. If yours was close to that, then ours may have rolled off the line about the same time.

Our Maverick is just east of St. Louis with an ETA in Florida on July 5th. Then extra time to ship it to the dealership. After waiting for 20 months, it cannot get here soon enough!

Best of luck on yours! :)
My sequence number is 4180. My sticker says 65 / 1462. I have no clue as to why your sticker indicates 835 planned Mavericks and Broncos for June 13, and mine says 1462.

About the wait, these last few days are maddening. Worse than the nine months that came before.

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My sequence number is 4180. My sticker says 65 / 1462. I have no clue as to why your sticker indicates 835 planned Mavericks and Broncos for June 13, and mine says 1462.

About the wait, these last few days are maddening. Worse than the nine months that came before.
My sequence number was 9044. Guess we came down the assembly line on different days or shifts perhaps? Plus, the Q&A checks each of our vehicles was put through may have landed us being "built" (completed) on the same day.

Once, I won the lottery and was awarded a VIN, I've been a lot calmer, because finally after waiting 18 months, I knew that the Maverick was going to be built. Now, I just pray there are no mishaps during transportation. 🙏
Sponsored