Sponsored

Lesson Learned - the next time Ford does a preorder...

dceggert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2019 Ranger, 2024 Maverick ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll go first....

People should only be allowed to preorder if they can pass a test. The candidate must be able to sit in a room alone at a table with a plate of Thin Oreos that has a sign on it that says 'do not touch.' If the candidate can make it 15 minutes without eating one they can then preorder a vehicle. If they eat one or even tough the plate they have to wait until the vehicle is launched, vehicles are available on the dealer lot, all emissions and fuel economy certs are complete, and the hardest thing they need to do is pick the color, pay, and go.
Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll go first....

People should only be allowed to preorder if they can pass a test. The candidate must be able to sit in a room alone at a table with a plate of Thin Oreos that has a sign on it that says 'do not touch.' If the candidate can make it 15 minutes without eating one they can then preorder a vehicle. If they eat one or even tough the plate they have to wait until the vehicle is launched, vehicles are available on the dealer lot, all emissions and fuel economy certs are complete, and the hardest thing they need to do is pick the color, pay, and go.
Now, what if they hide them in the glovebox? :)
Ford Maverick Lesson Learned - the next time Ford does a preorder... 1633111609132

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll go first....

Ok but gotta add a glass of milk for those dunkers out there.

Tourguide

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok but gotta add a glass of milk for those dunkers out there.
I'll go first....

You are so right, if you don't have the least amount of will power to wait for your order, then set back and wait until they are on the dealers lot. Stay off the forums and save yourself a trip to the ER🥴🥴🥴

bschurman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat, 1961 VW bug
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll go first....

I can go with this but the dealer allocations BS has to go. I'll agree to wait if the wait is based on a queue and not what dealer has the most allocations. This is dumbest thing I have heard of. Who cares where the order came from other than Ford rewarding their largest dealerships which does nothing for the end customer.

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can go with this but the dealer allocations BS has to go. I'll agree to wait if the wait is based on a queue and not what dealer has the most allocations. This is dumbest thing I have heard of. Who cares where the order came from other than Ford rewarding their largest dealerships which does nothing for the end customer.
Realistically, in our theoretically capitalist country, why wouldn't Ford reward their biggest moneymakers first? The idea that any national company actually cares about low level end users in an individual way is very unlikely.
Sponsored