First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had exactly the same problem and started to question Lasfit longevity and postpone rest of the LED conversion.
Resistors build up heat. Depending where the light is and how long it is on I could understand a building in a safety. I haven't had any problems since that day.
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Resistors build up heat. Depending where the light is and how long it is on I could understand a building in a safety. I haven't had any problems since that day.
Especially since the resistor is just there to fool the bulb-out detection. The LEDs themselves typically have the voltage reduced to their operating range via a small stepdown circuit.

Palms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mercedes GLC; 23 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Shoot, I just put these in my tails about 2 hours ago.
Had I known you were having problems I would have taken a few pictures.

So, once the screws are out, the last thing holding the lens assy on is two pointed posts opposite the screws. They plug into a rubber grommet type fitting.

Just pull the lens directly out in the direction of the curve in the lens. Not back, not toward the side of the truck, diagonally.
It takes a little bit of force but I really didn’t see how anything could be broken once the screws are out.

The drivers side had a clip holding the wire harness that made unscrewing the backup light impossible without pulling on the clip off the black plastic shroud. No biggie, I pulled on it until it let go, nothing broke.

I replaced all 4 rear red lights, both backups, all the cargo/3rd brake lights, and put in the Switchback front turn signals, which work perfectly.

The part numbers on almost everything was different than the website, and my order, showed. I contacted them and they said that the parts they sent were correct.

Pretty annoying when companies don’t bother to update or at least notify you of the changes.

BTW, I like the bright tails. They show very well in the day which is what I was looking for. They didn’t seem retina searing like some people have mentioned.

The whole job only took about an hour, mostly because I couldn’t find my Torx bit #20 driver for the cargo lens cover. I did find it and thats what you need for those fasteners.
Like you, I did the same installs but added the reverse lights and the front side markers. I tow behind my motorhome and want to make sure everyone sees what I'm doing. Also, there's been a lot of talk of Mavs getting rear ended. I'm hoping that my stronger lights help those behind me know I'm braking, or turning, or both. I look at it like a safety feature. When backing up before at night and doing it now, there's definitely a major change in the image on my screen so those bulbs work too. Like you, I have an LED left over from the 3rd brake light and that's a bonus. Plus, getting the whole package was way cheaper than getting the sets and then got an additional 5% by paying with my Prime card through Amazon. Win, win, win, win.
Sponsored