First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Ecoboost awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered a set of Lasfit TWT21WR LED bulbs to enhance the rear visibility. But for $50 I only received 2 bulbs, when you need 4 (2 packages).
Question is can you install 1 LED per top bulb per light, giving a LED/halogen combination without repercussions?
Hate to blow another $50. BTW I will be upgrading the backups to LED also (another $22).
If anyone has a discount code for Lasfit, let me know.
Beleaguered!

Ford Maverick LEDs for rear brake lights 16861388230101001411513609870523
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed only the backup bulbs and the clear light back of cab with the last fit leds. Makes a world of difference at night, I didn’t care about all the others left them alone

OP
OP
Jville

Jville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed only the backup bulbs and the clear light back of cab with the last fit leds. Makes a world of difference at night, I didn’t care about all the others left them alone
Thx OleFordGuy, may go that route but with the 3rd light LED brake bulb.

Palms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mercedes GLC; 23 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Went overboard, ordered the kit and installed all 13 of them with Lasfit order discount and then paid through Prime account for additional discount. Considerably cheaper than buying one by one. You will have one led left over if you go this route to boot!

Sponsored

Ottocycle

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' RS6 Avant, 14' CTS-V Wagon, 87' BMW 535is
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You are fine with just doing one bulb each. I did the whole set of lights. My god are the turn signal lights bright as hell.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I did a test with just my high mount 3rd brake light LED.

In video, the LED is lit 2 frames ( 2/30th of a second) before the incandescent brake lights at the rear show, and about 4 frames (4/30th of a second) before incandescents reach full brightness.

OP
OP
Jville

Jville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, I just put one in the upper brake light, and both reverse lights. Everything else looks plenty bright to me.

Semper Fi!
Thx will do exactly that. SEMPER back at ya.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed the full kit 3 weeks ago. This week in the left turn lane for two light cycles because of heavy traffic. The turn signal started into hyperdrive after about a minute. Hasn't done it since then.
Wrote Lasfit and they say the resistor is designed to drop out after being on for a minute or two to prevent overheating.
Anyone else have that happen?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I installed the full kit 3 weeks ago. This week in the left turn lane for two light cycles because of heavy traffic. The turn signal started into hyperdrive after about a minute. Hasn't done it since then.
Wrote Lasfit and they say the resistor is designed to drop out after being on for a minute or two to prevent overheating.
Yes, it's a known limitation. If you have ForScan you can disable bulb outage detection in the BCM and it won't hyperflash.

Sponsored

2slo2go

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mav, Area51 XLT Lux, Black Edition
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed one set of these initially to the top of each light and it actually gave a pretty cool stagger to the flash rates between halogen and LED. The dash would give an indication of hyperflash yet the outside bulbs flashed at a normal rate. I have since installed all LEDs and am very happy with results.

OP
OP
Jville

Jville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed one set of these initially to the top of each light and it actually gave a pretty cool stagger to the flash rates between halogen and LED. The dash would give an indication of hyperflash yet the outside bulbs flashed at a normal rate. I have since installed all LEDs and am very happy with results.
I had to give up for now. The right lense cover would not come off even though I removed the correct screws and tried to pry loose with a plastic tire tool. Was loose in the very back. In all the YT videos the lense cover would pull away with no problem. Afraid to commit too much pressure to avoid damage.
Help.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good thing I found this. I had done something similar for previous vehicles and totally forgot they offer full sets.

Yes, it's a known limitation. If you have ForScan you can disable bulb outage detection in the BCM and it won't hyperflash.
Do you have a link to the steps to do so? Or can you walk me through each step?

bik77

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lexus RX350 150Km
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had exactly the same problem and started to question Lasfit longevity and postpone rest of the LED conversion.

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Shoot, I just put these in my tails about 2 hours ago.
Had I known you were having problems I would have taken a few pictures.

So, once the screws are out, the last thing holding the lens assy on is two pointed posts opposite the screws. They plug into a rubber grommet type fitting.

Just pull the lens directly out in the direction of the curve in the lens. Not back, not toward the side of the truck, diagonally.
It takes a little bit of force but I really didn’t see how anything could be broken once the screws are out.

The drivers side had a clip holding the wire harness that made unscrewing the backup light impossible without pulling on the clip off the black plastic shroud. No biggie, I pulled on it until it let go, nothing broke.

I replaced all 4 rear red lights, both backups, all the cargo/3rd brake lights, and put in the Switchback front turn signals, which work perfectly.

The part numbers on almost everything was different than the website, and my order, showed. I contacted them and they said that the parts they sent were correct.

Pretty annoying when companies don’t bother to update or at least notify you of the changes.

BTW, I like the bright tails. They show very well in the day which is what I was looking for. They didn’t seem retina searing like some people have mentioned.

The whole job only took about an hour, mostly because I couldn’t find my Torx bit #20 driver for the cargo lens cover. I did find it and thats what you need for those fasteners.

Edit:
these are the push in posts, and where they go.
Be sure to push the lens posts back in to the sockets when you re install.
Ford Maverick LEDs for rear brake lights IMG_2896
Sponsored

Last edited: