First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You know the stuff they make gun holsters with , well I made a console tray with it. I watched a couple of Youtube videos (actually only 2 videos of making a tray). I ordered a 12 inch sheet from Amazon for $15. With the help of my toaster oven I heated per instructions ( also used my heat gun to form also). The sheet thickness I used 0.80 which was a little hard to work with but they make 0.60. You have to wear leather gloves because to be workable it has to be really hot.

Ford Maverick Kydex Console tray b

Ford Maverick Kydex Console tray c

Ford Maverick Kydex Console tray d

Ford Maverick Kydex Console tray a
Sponsored

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
Are the corners left open? I like the kydex idea better than the printed ones I’ve seen.

HalfFast

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
That's a good idea and glad you posted it. I hadn't thought of making a tray from kydex.

I looked at the 3d printed one that someone posted a week or so ago because my local library has 3d printers you can use for free with just a nominal cost for materials.

The problem was that print time was limited to 10 hours and I think the tray design was a 13 hour print.

I have some kydex sheets from previous projects so I am going to give this a try when my Maverick finally gets here.

OP
OP
Livinthedream

Livinthedream

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are the corners left open? I like the kydex idea better than the printed ones I’ve seen.
On this one they are, given this was my first try at making one. It wasn't fitting just right so I had to cut the corners and trim to fit. I think I can use a soldering iron with the flat blade and close off the corners.

Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

now available from AMAZON

I saw they have a Door Handle Storage tray also. How does this shape work? Does it go in the bottom?

Ford Maverick Kydex Console tray mavhand.JPG

OP
OP
Livinthedream

Livinthedream

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT