Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What's a recycling center? I just dump em under an overpass where I see shopping carts and blue tarps everywhere. Somebody will sleep better because of my generosity :unsure: Win-win all around (y)
Sponsored

AngloSoup

First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater
I once fit a solid wood dining room table and four chairs into a Pontiac LeMans Hatchback (or Pontiac LeMon as I called it), and still just about had room to change gears.

I imagine a king size mattress on a Maverick should be no sweat... 🤣

Darklyter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BASE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Mav is a 4 passenger vehicle with a large open trunk. A bed extender would have helped you with this. I wouLd have found a dumpster close to home and put in it. How many sq feet is the Mav bed and what is the sq ft of a king mattress. Your lucky it didn’t Come off and cause a accident.
Inspired by the OP and the bed extender suggestion. It helped that I had box springs to load too. The Mav saved the day for my elderly neighbors to get rid of their King set.

Ford Maverick King Size Mattress 20230205_165047

Ford Maverick King Size Mattress 20230205_165040

Sponsored

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

"Jan had told him many times it was you to me who taught
In Jersey anything's legal as long as you don't get caught"
from Tweeter and the Monkey Man...

Bry@n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL, F150, Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Inspired by the OP and the bed extender suggestion. It helped that I had box springs to load too. The Mav saved the day for my elderly neighbors to get rid of their King set.

20230205_165047.jpg

20230205_165040.jpg
I like the hitch support, did you weld that up or buy it?

I'm at a loss why most of you are putting these on top of the bed rail as opposed to inside on an angle. Open the tailgate, put them in on an angle and strap down. Seems to be harder to support, secure, load and unload on top of the rails. Since I haven't done it, maybe I'm missing something.

Last edited:

Eber1988

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't know but we have recycle dumpsters all over our county and a big center within a mile or two at closed up gas station so I will still go to the closets' dumpster. Hauling a mattress with all the overhang is dangerous. I have seen people with the F-150 size truck loose their new mattress and box springs on I-70. The last mattress I purchased was delivered and the old one taken away free. I may have paid too much for it but I didn't have the hassle to dispose of it. Another good option is take your saws all to it and put it in your home dumpster. My dumping would not have been illegal as I have all the legal options at my disposal. I live on acreage so I could have set it on fire I desired. In my case I would not have put it on a 16 SQ ft open truck bed when a queen mattress is about 30 sq ft. He was lucky he didn't receive a ticket for overhang. If I was inclined to do what he did I would still stop at the first Legal dumpster if that makes you happy.
You are on to something here. As you can see it is only a two wheel drive hybrid. I don't think it was rated to haul that much stuff. I can only assume he bypassed the local weigh stations on the way to this location. He is way to happy in this picture since he is doing work (Do what you love I guess) With such a large item OSHA would not be happy unless he had at least one more person to help. This is obviously a team lift scenario. The person can't be expected to help lift and photograph the event at the same time. Another OSHA violation is that he is not wearing the proper foot attire to be in such an area or type of job at hand. I know he stated it was strapped down but the photographic evidence shows that it was not, so definitely illegal there. Also he is obviously illegally parked as he definitely is not in a parking spot. How is that fork truck behind him suppose to move that dumpster with him parked there. Thank you for all your hard work. We could not do it without the internet sleuths like yourself. Sincerely from: The Karen's of the world.

Darklyter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BASE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like the hitch support, did you weld that up or buy it?

I'm at a loss why most of you are putting these on top of the bed rail as opposed to inside on an angle. Open the tailgate, put them in on an angle and strap down. Seems to be harder to support, secure, load and unload on top of the rails. Since I haven't done it, maybe I'm missing something.
Bought it on eBay after searching for bed extenders. That was the most versatile that I liked at the price point.
And I did at first load it angled in but I didn't like the amount of overhang to one side and trying to strap it down that way needed a much longer strap with it still being 'floppy' on the overhang. Laying it flat on the tonneau cover -which you can't see- then on to the extender gave it a more balanced load with more secure and even strapping across the load. The overall width was also just as wide as my side mirrors so it drove normal down the road.

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick 2.0 Lariat, AWD, 4K, Lux, BAP, HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sponsored