2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I’m planning on taking my Mav through the wash this weekend. Do I roll up the bed cover or leave it on? I’m a truck virgin and an idiot so throw me a bone here people!
Sponsored

olie64

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m planning on taking my Mav through the wash this weekend. Do I roll up the bed cover or leave it on? I’m a truck virgin and an idiot so throw me a bone here people!

100% up to you if bed is dirty roll it up if not run it through with it closed and see if it leaks.

Mav_27

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve had 3 trucks with tonneaus. I always left it on and had no issues. Like he said above it’s a good way to check for leaks. When it comes time to clean out the bed just go to quarter wash, roll it up and blow it out and leave rolled up until it’s dry.

OP
OP
Clarkdonbran

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

100% up to you if bed is dirty roll it up if not run it through with it closed and see if it leaks.
Good idea! The bed has SIBL and is pretty clean. I definitely want to see about the leaks.

olie64

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good idea! The bed has SIBL and is pretty clean. I definitely want to see about the leaks.

What kind of cover do you have...Mine leaks some...I am waiting for it to warm up to try to fix the spots it leaks at....the companies seem to have all made the covers about 1/2 inch too short.

Sponsored

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My current pickup does not have a cover. The car wash makes me remove everything from the bed and any large debris before they let me enter the wash.

OP
OP
Clarkdonbran

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What kind of cover do you have...Mine leaks some...I am waiting for it to warm up to try to fix the spots it leaks at....the companies seem to have all made the covers about 1/2 inch too short.
I have the Truxedo soft roll up. It is definitely a bit short!

ChrisAA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just had my first car wash yesterday. I left the tonneau on and closed. It's a Gator SFX. I'm surprised how little water got in the bed!
Sponsored