First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had my first after I picked up my Lariat Hybrid yesterday from dealer. This morning I started getting emails, then phone calls regarding insurance coverage. These have come from CA to TX and in between. They all state that they are "partners" with Five Star Ford (my dealer) and they want me to get coverage on my new truck. Obviously, i tell them I already have coverage. In talking to the dealer this afternoon, it seems they are intercepting registration, which is public data. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this.

Scammers NEVER quit and find new ways every day.
Sponsored

HolyCarp

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Cactus Gray XLT Eco AWD FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I guess I got lucky and haven't been harassed with those calls. Yet.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had my first after I picked up my Lariat Hybrid yesterday from dealer. This morning I started getting emails, then phone calls regarding insurance coverage. These have come from CA to TX and in between. They all state that they are "partners" with Five Star Ford (my dealer) and they want me to get coverage on my new truck. Obviously, i tell them I already have coverage. In talking to the dealer this afternoon, it seems they are intercepting registration, which is public data. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this.

Scammers NEVER quit and find new ways every day.
Right after I closed on my house about 7 years ago, we go to walk into our new (to us) home. We go in through the rear gate. A salesman with ADT had gone into the back yard through the rear gate to put a business card on the glass door back there (this is the door closest to the garage so pretty obvious it is the day-to-day door). My wife and I were FLOORED.

They then call to say they are coming by the next day to install and activate our alarm. Apparently they cruise the closing records to do this. We tell him that we have no intention of using them, and were blown away that ADT had the audacity to enter our private back yard they way they did. He said that the service was part of the home closing so he would bring us the paperwork to sign and start. I told him if he stepped on our property we would call the police for trespassing, and take us off the list.

Pushy sales people like that give good sales people a terrible name.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty standard practice to have county tax collectors and court houses that have open records laws. Sole 20 acres of land last year and have so far had 44 letters offering to buy the land...sales people are desperate. These lists of sold vehicles and land are free for the taking in most states.
Sponsored