First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My wife said the same thing, but my frugal mind can't justify paying for somthing I'm not using.

I'm not looking for a profit of any kind. I see what dealers are selling lower trims for and just don't want to get screwed over selling it to a dealer, who won't even offer me enough to cover the loan.

The used market is crazy and it's in demand. So who knows what will happen.
Do a solid and offer it to someone here who has been waiting months for their Maverick. Sure, you could make a big profit with it on the open market, but I think the return for helping out a member will be much greater.
Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you decide to just list it somewhere, only meet people at the police station parking lot in the daytime. Good idea when you are selling anything.
Great advice!

TheRef

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I sold my 2011 Ranger to CarMax when my Maverick arrived. Instant quote, made appointment, drove in, thet did inspection, gave me a check - all within 20 minutes. I was impressed. Highly recommend.

n0maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tiguan, 2022 Maverick, 2013 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Carvana was the easiest thing with an auto ever. Maybe even easier than pumping gas. I'd take advantage of them still being in business and high values as both are going down right now. Iron is still hot but its cooling and carvana is tanking.

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealt with Carmax twice, outstanding service with no issues. 15-20 minutes and done with a check in hand. No problems or issues after the sale either.

Personally, unless itā€™s someone on this forum that has ready to go financing or cash/check in hand, Iā€™d be leery on a private sale on something as expensive as a Maverick. Some dealerships will broker a private deal for you to usually for a small fee to help take out having to sell it yourself, at least thatā€™s been fairly popular in my area due to low inventory. Might be worth asking your dealer.

For me, Iā€™d take Carmax over Carvana based on my experience.

Sponsored

PoolBoi2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X2 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux F360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just the gas savings is are worth it. Probably make up for the truck payment. Good luck with your sale. There is some dumb ass that will pay 42K for a Maverick.

I soooo happy I bought my 22 Lariat FX4 awd 500A velocity Blue and don't care it had a mark-up. My truck had already paid for itself. Paid off 42k in 3 months feels dam great. And have 2 more Lariat FX4 awd 500A velocity Blue on order to match my first Maverick. So either you pay mark-up now or major mark up later. Step up be human inflation is here to stay. Doubt anytime soon prices will go down. Seems like prices keep going up especially in the swimming pool business like mine. In California its different price by far. Washington state chlorine by the case wholesale is $35 in California case is $5 retail go figure.

Mavman123

First Name
Joe Shmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick XLT
My wife said the same thing, but my frugal mind can't justify paying for somthing I'm not using.

I'm not looking for a profit of any kind. I see what dealers are selling lower trims for and just don't want to get screwed over selling it to a dealer, who won't even offer me enough to cover the loan.

The used market is crazy and it's in demand. So who knows what will happen.
Go get yours
It's not that I wouldn't want to make a few bucks, but I have my doubts about how much a dealer would offer me, since they too are looking to profit.

Morally, I could take a profit from a dealer, but if I had to sell 3rd party, I couldn't do it. My damn conscious gets in the way.

Have you had any luck with the likes of Vroom or Carvana? I've heard horror stories with them never paying off the loan on a vehicle affecting people's credits.
I mean look at it this way. If some moron is willing to pay 10k over asking for a maverick, they are going to find one. The question is who will be getting the extra 10k, you or a dealer

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD šŸ˜‰
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm having a hard time getting past the fact your wife says keep it and you're still selling it. I get frugal .... BUT

Hope the job works out.....

Sponsored

Garbett123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would be getting quotes from Carvana/Vroom/Tred/Carmax with the quickness- Low stress, hassle free pickup and a check cut although I personally have never bought or sold thru them but that process does seem pretty painless-
I had good experience selling a vehicle to Vroom. I would recommend them.

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I sold my Volt to Carvana. Not real smooth on day 1 as they did not have the check or the transport truck and a gal showed up in an SUV that had no plates on it. I passed. Called them and they did what they said they would doe on day 2 and they got my car. Yes I got a check and I did worry about them stopping payment but they did not.

The problem I see in your deal is that Carvana is not good with paperwork. They are being downgraded by many buyers of cars that can't get the titles or documents for DMV registration and have to park their new cars.

You have a loan. You need to be sure who buys your truck pays the loan off so I personally would find a way to sell your truck by going with buyer to your loan company or his loan company and have them cut 2 checks. One they send to your loan company and 1 they give to you and get copies of both checks.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just sold a Lariat Lux 360 on Carmigo - 38,700 they paid off loan and gave me bank draft when picking up. It was pretty painless.

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
The good news is you can save up for the Maverick EV AWD!. . .
Sponsored