First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Lux BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't believe it, my Maverick has shipped! No idea when it's going to arrive at the dealer (mid-Feb?) but I want to be prepared.

I'm looking at:

• McGard Tailgate Lock $29 (so no one steels the tailgate. Might be a big truck problem, but it's a cheap part so why not)

• Tint the front windows at a local shop

• Paint/Wrap the front grill bar to match the body color

Did I miss anything?
Sponsored

Last edited:

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I can't believe it, my Maverick has shipped! No idea when it's going to arrive at the dealer (mid-Feb?) but I want to be prepared.

I'm looking at:

• McGard Tailgate Lock $29 (so no one steels the tailgate. Might be a big truck problem, but it's a cheap part so why not)

Did I miss anything?
You need the Ford Aeroskin Hood Protector, made by Lund. It's $79 on Ford Parts. To protect the leading edge of your hood from rock chips.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Tailgate assist

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I'm looking at:

Did I miss anything?
Here is the mother of all threads about what others have done to their Maverick. Good info throughout with pics

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-did-you-do-to-with-your-maverick-today.4404/

Sponsored

Retired

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid, 2012 focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mud flaps and floor mats are a must. And smart not to put them in the build and then finance them. I live in a rural area and stealing a tailgate will get you shot, so the lock is nothing I need. LOL

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You won't need the tailgate lock, bed rails, or phone holder on your Lariet Lux.

Consider ultra bright over the cab brake and backup lights (The kit has two red brake lights but you only need one and that's the only reason Amazon says it's not compatible with your Maverick)

amazon.com/LASFIT-Cargo-Truck-Light-bulbs)/dp/B082GNDMT8/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=SKQJGA6BGNFZ&keywords=Lasfit+third+brake+light&qid=1673752774&sprefix=lasfit+third+brake+light%2Caps%2C140&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExOFJWWUhBVUs2QjBIJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDk5MTE5M0ZQMU9ZV1dTQUxQTiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjU0MDk3TFlBN0NFU1RERFVSJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have a tinted curtain put on the windshield when you get the front windows tinted. $50 more or less.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Have a tinted curtain put on the windshield when you get the front windows tinted. $50 more or less.
What's the deal with those? I think they look stupid. Do they really provide a lot of glare protection? I'd consider getting the entire windshield done with a clear ceramic film just for heat rejection.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tonneau cover

T Slot rails for bed crossbars

Bed Crossbars

Hitch cover of appropriate style.

Keyfob Protector

Bottle of size /style to fit elusive door pockets

Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What's the deal with those? I think they look stupid. Do they really provide a lot of glare protection? I'd consider getting the entire windshield done with a clear ceramic film just for heat rejection.
They are good when the sun is at a certain distance above the horizon and the angle lets the sun come between, above, or below the coverage of the visors. No interference with seeing at night which can result from too dark a tint on the side windows because you are not looking up there. I notice you have CG. I like anything dark/black in contrast to the CG. Guess it is a matter of what you like.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

They are good when the sun is at a certain distance above the horizon and the angle lets the sun come between, above, or below the coverage of the visors. No interference with seeing at night which can result from too dark a tint on the side windows because you are not looking up there. I notice you have CG. I like anything dark/black in contrast to the CG. Guess it is a matter of what you like.
I like the tint on the sides, and I do plan to get my fronts tinted to match the back. I really like that look. But the dark strip across the top of the windshield I don't. Like you said, just personal preferences.

HotJombalya

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jombee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger Edge, 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have it on my old ass Ranger and it’s awesome. Definitely helps with the sun and frankly makes me feel cozy in the seat.

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm looking at:

Did I miss anything?
First, Congratulations! on getting the Mav Built.
A lot of folks like to get the short antenna to replace the longer stock antenna.

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ive got a ton of stuff waiting for mine...

Complete Lasfit LED bulb kit
Ford soft tonneau cover (i got the brackets powder coated black)
Bedrug XLT bed mat
Set of OEM Ford all weather floor mats
Steeda strut tower brace
Escape 2.0 engine top cover thing (with the hardware)
Dee Zee tailgate assist (I got the brackets powder coated black too)
Buschers catch can kit
Auto stop/start eliminator harness
The center console organizer from Amazon
A black center front console tray in black from an XL model to replace my XLT orange one with
Ford FITS kit
A case of Waxoyl power shield cans to coat the underneath nooks and crannies with
Amsoil synthetic fluids to replace the PTU and rear diff fruid with once it gets a few miles on

Probably forgetting some stuff but I plan to get the side windows tinted ASAP and perhaps upgrade the speakers and figure out how to add a 4 or 5 channel amp.
Sponsored

Last edited: