Sponsored

Is the FX4 Package required with Maverick XLT?

Billy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 53 Dodge M37
I ordered a Maverick at my local Ford store on July 13. I stopped at my local Ford store yesterday, to firm up the options, and was told that I also had to order the FX4 Package if I wanted to get an XLT (and the salesman emailed me back today confirming it, after I emailed him that I did not want the FX4 Package).

The info that I have says "Maverick's FX4 package CAN be added to the XLT". But, from what I've read, "The truck must also be equipped with all-wheel drive, which means the Maverick must be optioned with the 2.0L EcoBoost I-4 engine and eight-speed automatic", none of which I want.

I want an XLT with the 2.5L Hybrid engine, continuously variable transmission, Front Wheel Drive.
Is my salesman correct?

Any suggestions? I was only told a January or February delivery date.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Cyber Orange XLT Hybrid Copilot 360 and Lux Package no FX4. Any configuration was available when I ordered mine.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think your salesman is wrong. I ordered an xlt lux hybrid and some other things and not one time did they say anything about FX4

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can get a XLT hybrid FWD so maybe a communication gap with your salesman.

Sponsored

Bikeric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD XLT Hybrid Mav
You CAN order an XLT 2.5 Hybrid with CVT fwd. That particular build option, however, will be AFTER the initial 2.0 EB builds. You will have to wait longer, but you can absolutely get just what you want. I suggest you find another dealer.

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
You CAN order an XLT 2.5 Hybrid with CVT fwd. That particular build option, however, will be AFTER the initial 2.0 EB builds. You will have to wait longer, but you can absolutely get just what you want. I suggest you find another dealer.
There have been MANY reported orders being scheduled with the xlt hybrid for the week of Sept 13.

abjbrtd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona, Thor Citation
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guaranty IF you let them order you a Maverick they'll be o_O very surprised o_O that it has a 200 to 500$ option on it that you or them NEVER talked about!
Give them 1 more chance to work FOR you... then walk away AND do not look back :mad:

OP
OP

Billy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 53 Dodge M37
I contacted several other nearby Ford dealers and none of them said that I had to get the FX4 Package (for $800), with the XLT, so I went to one of them today and ordered an XLT, w/Hybrid engine, cactus grey, window air deflectors (4-piece), and floor liners.
I did not get a VIN, delivery "prior to the end of the year", which is fine with me.
Sponsored