First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Blind spot doesn't make beeping sound like other brands so it's useless.
Blind spot monitoring is not designed to replace you checking your side mirrors. It's to let you know that something is in.....you know, your blind spot of the side mirror you are checking. The visual indication is more than adequate to keep you safe. The hyper flash while signaling also reinforces you to check your mirror.
Sponsored

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So co-pilot gets you:
lane assist
blind spot monitoring with cross traffic monitoring (while backing up??)

anything else? the blind spot monitoring seems like it should be standard on all vehicles these days but this doesn't sound like a lot of additional safety for the money and extra wait time. does it offer more features I'm not aware of?

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I generally try to be really nice on this site. I'm gonna make one exception and say what I think on this subject, and it will offend some people. I'm cool with that. Feel free to offend me back.

We're 65 and 66, and we'll never be without driver assist features again (our Volvo XC40 introduced us to them). People who disrespect ADAS systems are frankly ignorant and can go pound sand. ADAS systems aren't yet perfect, but they stop human beings from crashing into other human beings on a daily basis. Enough said. They also have rare false alarms and can be annoying to some. That's fair to acknowledge - they ain't perfect, but they're dang good.

For seniors they're a no brainer. For arrogant drivers of any age who think they're perfect 24 x 7 x 365 (I don't think they're as perfect as they claim), ADAS is the feature that will keep them from having to lie to the police officer about who is at fault. For those people, the rest of us need dash cams, which is a feature sorely lacking on the Maverick and many other cars.

Soon as somebody starts ranting about how perfectly they drive, I start laughing. I've been around. I've seen you on the road. You're just lying to yourself. I saw you nodding at the wheel. I saw you eating fast food while driving. I saw you putting on makeup. I saw you reading the newspaper while driving. I see you every day texting while driving. You need ADAS - for me, not for you.
Spoken like a Boomer! But I agree with you completely!

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Blind spot monitoring is not designed to replace you checking your side mirrors. It's to let you know that something is in.....you know, your blind spot of the side mirror you are checking. The visual indication is more than adequate to keep you safe. The hyper flash while signaling also reinforces you to check your mirror.
Please keep in mind little kids though. They may be too small to see Visually out the window. And old people can't turn their neck as far around as young people so BSM might make THE difference to keep most people safer than without it. For the price it's worth it.

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think I agree with this - it bugs me that there is no audio alert - Ford should take notice of this.

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
I think I agree with this - it bugs me that there is no audio alert - Ford should take notice of this.
I have both visual and audible alerts available on my 2014 GMC Acadia Denali. I turned the audible alert off because it was so annoying. I don't need my vehicle beeping at me every time someone passes me in the left lane......jus say'in

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have both visual and audible alerts available on my 2014 GMC Acadia Denali. I turned the audible alert off because it was so annoying. I don't need my vehicle beeping at me every time someone passes me in the left lane......jus say'in
Well there's that

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I plan on getting it with my 2023 order. I’ll wait how ever long it takes. I have a 2019 Forester with eye sight that has served me well but I badly want a truck.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Please keep in mind little kids though. They may be too small to see Visually out the window. And old people can't turn their neck as far around as young people so BSM might make THE difference to keep most people safer than without it. For the price it's worth it.
Why would there be kids in your Blindspot while driving? It doesn't work at idle, you need to be at a certain speed for it to work. If you are talking about cross traffic alert while backing up, it does have audio cues and that does infact make sense.

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I appreciate all the responses, but the primary question remains. If it's dark and raining, how capable is the system at identifying the lanes?
Like you, it relies on being able to visually see lane markings. Understand that it will not function in bad weather, if it functions at all. If you cannot see properly to drive, it probably can't see either.

Having said all that, it's still worth having as a safety system.

Sponsored

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I appreciate all the responses, but the primary question remains. If it's dark and raining, how capable is the system at identifying the lanes?
I find it more reliable than subarus eye sight for sure. It's not perfect of course, but it's pretty dang good imo.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This, the beep serves no purpose than to make people even more lazier.

Like I said, BSM is not a replacement for checking your mirror before any lane changes. It's a tool to be used in conjunction with aware and defensive driving.

trujack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xb
I'm dropping it from my 23 order. It would be worth the wait if there was some assurance that it will ever get built, but not in the current climate.

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will answer your question with a question how much is your life worth how much is your family's life worth how much are your loved ones life worth that should answer your question if it's worth the wait I will be held over to a 23 because I have the co-pilot 360 on my XL to me it's definitely worth the wait. 😊👍
Sponsored