First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In Michigan...one of the nations HIGHEST insurance rate states.....my premium for a PAID in full year is 552 with a 1000 deductible....very cheap. I do have the 360 pkg, don't know if that made a difference or not.
Sponsored

Deleted member 1370

I am going to ā€œknock on woodā€ take delivery early next week but I got it insured and Iā€™m at $242 a month but itā€™s my first policy on my own, new vehicle obviously, Iā€™m in my 20s, and I have no other vehicles for a multi car discount. Itā€™ll go down I bet in 6mo to a year. For my area rates with other companies were all similar for me and my vin. I used AllState. I can afford it fine mind you, but the cost is the cost. Iā€™m sure the rate will get better

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am going to ā€œknock on woodā€ take delivery early next week but I got it insured and Iā€™m at $242 a month but itā€™s my first policy on my own, new vehicle obviously, Iā€™m in my 20s, and I have no other vehicles for a multi car discount. Itā€™ll go down I bet in 6mo to a year. For my area rates with other companies were all similar for me and my vin. I used AllState. I can afford it fine mind you, but the cost is the cost. Iā€™m sure the rate will get better
Man, I don't miss that from my youth! Yes, you can look forward to MUCH better rates as you get older, and even getting married helps on male rates. If I recall, I started getting better rates in my upper 20's, and even better when I married in my 30's. Of course, this all assuming you keep a good record. ;)

My college age son is learning this now, that he needs to car shop based on insurance rates, not the actual car!

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
do you have a DUI or speeding tickets? If not you can do what I did when I was your age. I went and bought a $500 beater that I made the primary on my insurance. That cut my cost down in half.šŸ˜Œ. $242 is outrageous if you have a good record. Also price shop more insurance companies. Sure you can ā€œaffordā€ it but you would be better off paying half that and investing the rest.

Try adding rental insurance for your place of residence as well. It is very cheap and could lower your premium more than enough to add it for free or even pay less. You can get it even if you live with your parents.

I have some other tips if these donā€™t work you can message me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Fleshman03

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Keep in mind insurance rates are highly personalized and take into account your driving history, vehicle safety features, where you live, how much you drive, age, sex, and other things. I find it best to compare changes in rates from vehicle A to vehicle B. I went from my 2017 Cruze to my 2022 Maverick and saved $120/year due to co-pilot 360.

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No one can give you a price for insurance based on their cost. The companys are all about the same. It depends on your location, age, driving history, model truck , etc. also deductable and coverage. Shop around, and compare there's no quick and easy way.

technolithic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Iā€™m in my 20s and had my own insurance for a while now. Youā€™re getting ripped off. Try Geico or Progressive. Also try opting for a higher deductible, and squirreling away that money in a dedicated car savings fund instead of paying the insurance company just in case something bad happens.

Itā€™s worth noting that everyone says that your insurance goes down in your mid 20s but from personal experience I think thatā€™s an old wives taleā€¦

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No one can give you a price for insurance based on their cost. The companys are all about the same. It depends on your location, age, driving history, model truck , etc. also deductable and coverage. Shop around, and compare there's no quick and easy way.
I agree that there is no quick and easy answer but the companies are not all about the same. I price shop every couple years for car/house insurance and get quotes up to 3 times what Iā€™m paying.

I had USAA before I priced shopped. Went to State Farm until I bought a house and Allstate had a better home/car package than anyone else. After getting married Gieco had a great rate for car insurance but my house stayed with Allstate. Moving to Arizona progressive blew them all out of the water for car and home combined.

73bluebronco

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick, 1973 Bronco, 2017 Fiat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Keep in mind insurance rates are highly personalized and take into account your driving history, vehicle safety features, where you live, how much you drive, age, sex, and other things. I find it best to compare changes in rates from vehicle A to vehicle B. I went from my 2017 Cruze to my 2022 Maverick and saved $120/year due to co-pilot 360.
By that measure, my premium increased by about $35/mo going from an '07 dodge charger with only liability coverage to full coverage on the maverick. My area has about 25% of all drivers have no insurance...

Sponsored

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
For those who have received their Mavericks did you get a decent Insurance rate? I was wondering if having copilot 360 would help with insurance rates?
Does nothing for rate.

FriarPop

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Paying about $330 per 6 months, $55 a month full coverage, $500 deductible on fully loaded lariat with Progressive in MI

FirstHybrid

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
What's everyone gotten in terms of insurance premium quotes for their 2021 Maverick?

I haven't gotten my VIN yet but I called up Geico and still managed to get a quote of $350 / 6 months. I'm 40 yrs old with no accident claims within last 8 years.
650 a year full coverage,no accidents or tickets..50yrs old

Fleshman03

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
By that measure, my premium increased by about $35/mo going from an '07 dodge charger with only liability coverage to full coverage on the maverick. My area has about 25% of all drivers have no insurance...
Well yeah. If you kept the same level of insurance youā€™d find out the true impact of the Mav. Vs Charger. You changed the plan for good reason. I kept the insurance levels the same in my quote here.

Commodorebude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Burke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
USAA has really good rates for me. Can't say what the amount is because I have a 17 year old on my plan so ... it's not super accurate. Basically adding the Maverick is around $120 more a month every 6 months. But I'm old(ish) and an Army Disabled Vet.

I also use USAA and i was quoted 115/month for full coverage insurance. But i'm also a 21 yr old guy with an accident a little over 3 years ago.
Sponsored