Sponsored

"In Production" to "Built" timeline - how long?

SoonerJ

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Cadillac ATS, Infiniti QX50
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After 383 days, I have my order in production.

My question is, how long does it take for an "in Production" order to be "Built"?

UPDATE 12/7: Well, I got an answer sooner than I expected. As of this evening, the tracking site shows my truck is built! So mine was a week.

We'll see how long it takes to get to the dealer next. Thanks for your replies, group.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Saul T Knutz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Crown Victoria
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
AFAIK, no solid number. Could be 2 days, could be a week. Even after being built, it has to get shipped, which could take a week or two, or 5 months. I know of a poor lady named Vicky who's Mav is still sitting at the "dock" waiting to be put on a rail car, hers was built in July if memory serves me correctly

HawkeyeBunny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford C-Max SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My order was listed as in production on 10/6/22, built on 10/26, shipped and I'm still waiting for it to be delivered to my dealer. It's at the rail yard about 2 hours west of me and nobody can tell me when it will show up.

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My 9/15/22 new order showed "In Production" as of Dec 2nd. I'm expecting a "Built" notification by the end of the week then we wait on Union Pacific.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
One day.

Ford Maverick "In Production" to "Built" timeline - how long? built wiht date tracker

Or maybe seven days. Who knows!!
Ford Maverick "In Production" to "Built" timeline - how long? delivered1

Last edited:

Sponsored

Saul T Knutz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Crown Victoria
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My order was listed as in production on 10/6/22, built on 10/26, shipped and I'm still waiting for it to be delivered to my dealer. It's at the rail yard about 2 hours west of me and nobody can tell me when it will show up.
Things that make no sense. Like, just lemme go down there with a gas can and get my truck, no need to wait on 7 other vehicles headed to my dealership, and it's more environmentally friendly if I go get it myself. Promise I'll drive straight to the dealer so they can do their PDI process

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Things that make no sense. Like, just lemme go down there with a gas can and get my truck, no need to wait on 7 other vehicles headed to my dealership, and it's more environmentally friendly if I go get it myself. Promise I'll drive straight to the dealer so they can do their PDI process
LOL yeah this seems like a great idea. Thousands of people heading to rail yards across the country with gas cans in tow to get a vehicle that Ford owns. No paperwork, no insurance, just a promise.

I can not imagine the liability something like this would be for the railroad and Ford. lol Honestly the more I think about it the more awful this idea is.

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You been here for 383 days and you haven’t seen that there is no timeline on that?!

OP
OP

SoonerJ

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Cadillac ATS, Infiniti QX50
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You been here for 383 days and you haven’t seen that there is no timeline on that?!
As you can see from the number of posts I have you can conclude I'm not as active as you but thanks for the helpful comment.

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

My question is, how long does it take for an "in Production" order to be "Built"?
After waiting a little over a year and migrating from MY22-MY23 we got the 'production' notification on Nov 3rd. We got the 'built notification on Dec 5th.

Sponsored

Saul T Knutz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Crown Victoria
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LOL yeah this seems like a great idea. Thousands of people heading to rail yards across the country with gas cans in tow to get a vehicle that Ford owns. No paperwork, no insurance, just a promise.

I can not imagine the liability something like this would be for the railroad and Ford. lol Honestly the more I think about it the more awful this idea is.

aayy, I'm just spitballing here. Having paperwork from the sale and insurance were baked into my suggestion,lol. Probably wouldn't be thousands of people anyway, some don't mind waiting a couple of weeks. But you can't tell me you wouldn't wanna go down there and get your truck if it was two hours away, but had been sitting there for 2 months. Like, it's right there, you can almost see it from your house when you jump on the trampoline,lol. And to top it off, nobody knows nothing about why it's stuck there...

grimkenpo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Tahoe, 2022 Ford Maverick XL on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

it looks like mine has been in production since October 31.
Sponsored