Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

In 45 years of driving I have been in 7 accidents. One I got side swiped by someone that thought they needed to pass me as I was turning left into a church parking lot in a school zone.

The other 6 was me getting rear ended waiting at red lights and once waiting for pedestrians in a cross walk. None serious, but all generating insurance claims.

What are these people doing? There is no excuse.

I am 42 years old. I've been in 16 car accidents from mild to severe. The one is 2008 almost killed me.

Of that, I was driving in 3. I rear ended somebody that slammed on their brakes randomly, I hydroplaned on a highway and ping ponged all over the highway without actually hitting anyone. Early airbags suck btw. The last one somebody backed up like a half a block and ran into me while I was stopped and blaring on the horn.

Most of those have been rear ends from people not paying attention.

Also, my Maverick has a bright JP hitch cover. I hope that helps a little.

Ford Maverick Idiots on the road really piss me off IMG_20221025_073013
Sponsored

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The biggest problem are the phones. People, especially young people, cannot seem to stay off of them while driving. It's mostly the texting. I wish people would just cut it out. Their text message is not more important than someone's life and property. They need to grow up.
The idiot thing now is for people to have a phone mount right next to thier steering wheel. I was behind a woman that was steering with her left hand while texting with her right hand.
A few days ago I saw a woman that was driving and watching a video on her phone.
Tired of hearing how dangerous guns are when you have about a 1000x chance of getting killed in a car accident by a distracted driver.

Unrelated, but still :mad::mad::mad: are the morons I see driving and holding dogs in thier lap while driving. One time, no lie, I saw a guy driving with a full size golden retriever sitting in his lap. Dog was so damn big that while it was sitting in his lap, it's head was higher than the drivers so the driver was driving while looking around the side of the dog. Makes me wonder if humans are really the smartest animal on the planet.

OP
OP
crgator

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unrelated, but still :mad::mad::mad: are the morons I see driving and holding dogs in thier lap while driving. One time, no lie, I saw a guy driving with a full size golden retriever sitting in his lap. Dog was so damn big that while it was sitting in his lap, it's head was higher than the drivers so the driver was driving while looking around the side of the dog. Makes me wonder if humans are really the smartest animal on the planet.
What really freaked me out was the time I was passed by a car with a little kid, who looked to be about 5 or 6, sitting on daddy's lap. The child was steering and no adult hands were on the wheel. I was doing about 70.

OP
OP
crgator

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is a good moment to point out that in a situation like this when both cars still run ............PULL OFF ONTO THE SHOULDER. Then you can get out and evaluate the situation, exchange whatevers, fist fight, etc.
Doing it in the lane of traffic only increase the chances of others also getting in a crash at most or jacks up traffic at the least.
No, you don't have to wait for police to arrive and see what happened, they can deduce what happened on the shoulder. And the first thing they'll tell you.......Pull over to the shoulder!
At the time, traffic was at a complete standstill. And, when traffic did move, it was at best one or two car lengths. Had there been damage, I would have pulled over, but a quick look, there was none, other than his paint on my hitch. And I didn't really care if his truck was damaged.

Bear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus & Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What really freaked me out was the time I was passed by a car with a little kid, who looked to be about 5 or 6, sitting on daddy's lap. The child was steering and no adult hands were on the wheel. I was doing about 70.
My dad used to spend a little time at a tavern now and then. Either I or my brother, would often "drive" the old Studebaker pickup while sitting on his lap. We would holler CLUTCH or BRAKE or GAS, and we would shift and steer. I don't remember a time when I didn't know how to drive. Great way to learn IF you survive the lesson!!

OP
OP
crgator

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One more question about your dash cam. Did you install it, or did you let BB install it?
Best Buy installed. I think it was $79. I really didn't want to try to do it, though I've heard it's pretty simple. I was afraid if I pulled some panels back, I may just make a big mess.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I put one of these on my hitch for this very reason Eapele Hitch Step Bump Step for 2 inch Receivers, Solid Steel Construction Rust Free Powder Coated, 10,000lbs Rated Tow Strap Capacity https://a.co/d/7iUcuSB
Have one of these but it sticks out so far my garage door hit it.

OP
OP
crgator

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thread got moved to General Automotive Talk (Non-Maverick). But, it was a Maverick that got hit.