Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Someone was loaded up at the Walmart in Nampa last night

Ford Maverick Idaho here....Southwest Idaho... F5A333F6-134E-4AE7-B430-31D947D2F44A
Sponsored

MaverickMando

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
kind of a long story. In short, I scheduled the appt almost 3 weeks in advance and provided plenty of info on the fact it was a recall appt and that parts were needed. They ā€œconfirmedā€ they had everything. Then they kept the truck for 2 days and did not do a single thing beyond plugging the VIN into the computer and seeing they needed to order the fuel tank clamp I already told them they needed 3 weeks ago and they said they had. Now I have to go back 1-2 more times at least to get it taken care of. Then they acted like they did me a massive favor giving me a loaner when it specifically says theyā€™re obligated to in the recall notice. Just a general lack of planning or detail and terrible attitudes about it.

They say they wonā€™t be able to do the trailer brake recall until mid April bc software patch is not out yet. But other people here have said their dealer already performed it so who knows?šŸ˜‚
I got my notice for the trailer break controller. Have you taken it anywhere to have this resolved yet?

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I got my notice for the trailer break controller. Have you taken it anywhere to have this resolved yet?
I am supposed to go back to Kendall next week for the trailer brake and fuel tank. I wanted to go elsewhere but once they ordered the VIN specific parts for the fuel tank, Corwin said they could not also order them and that I was stuck at Kendall

Kendall also continues to say they donā€™t now if the Maverick software for trailer brake is available but that they are guessing itā€™ll work bc the F150 software was released. This despite the fact Iā€™ve shown them several people having had the service done already.

Weā€™ll see what happens next week. Mine is in a shop getting a lift today and nobody around here has the alignment specs loaded into their systems so I wonā€™t get it back until tomorrow.

MaverickMando

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am supposed to go back to Kendall next week for the trailer brake and fuel tank. I wanted to go elsewhere but once they ordered the VIN specific parts for the fuel tank, Corwin said they could not also order them and that I was stuck at Kendall

Kendall also continues to say they donā€™t now if the Maverick software for trailer brake is available but that they are guessing itā€™ll work bc the F150 software was released. This despite the fact Iā€™ve shown them several people having had the service done already.

Weā€™ll see what happens next week. Mine is in a shop getting a lift today and nobody around here has the alignment specs loaded into their systems so I wonā€™t get it back until tomorrow.
well if you don't mind keeping us updated on the software update that would be much appreciated.

which lift kit did you go with? I asked Kendall about the RC lift and they said they did one, but the Mav that had the lift done on it was making some weird sounds after the fact. Can't remember the specifics though.

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

well if you don't mind keeping us updated on the software update that would be much appreciated.

which lift kit did you go with? I asked Kendall about the RC lift and they said they did one, but the Mav that had the lift done on it was making some weird sounds after the fact. Can't remember the specifics though.
Yeah that sounds par for the course for RC. Seen lots of stuff about issues with clunking sounds and just low quality parts as a whole. I went with the 1.5ā€ kit from HRG Off-road. It comes with new sway bar end links, trailing arm spacers, brake line spacers and adjustable camber bolts. I know some guys who have and love their Bronco Sport kit and they have a good rep and really nice build quality.

Sponsored

MaverickMando

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah that sounds par for the course for RC. Seen lots of stuff about issues with clunking sounds and just low quality parts as a whole. I went with the 1.5ā€ kit from HRG Off-road. It comes with new sway bar end links, trailing arm spacers, brake line spacers and adjustable camber bolts. I know some guys who have and love their Bronco Sport kit and they have a good rep and really nice build quality.
Awesome man, i'll look into that one when i'm ready to put a lift on mine.

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got it back today. Before + After

35E15746-EAC0-4399-8B49-014411D2DC3D.jpeg
Is it okay if I like the Before picture better? šŸ˜†. I never understood the rationale for lifting or lowering vehicles. I have to think that the engineers know what they're doing when they design things a certain way.

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I guess I have the honor of being the first Maverick Kendall has had fail the fuel tank inspectionā€¦šŸ¤¬. Canā€™t wait to see how long itā€™s going to sit waiting for a new tank to come in

Sponsored

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Kendall Ford in Meridian here as well. Order confirmation but no build date yet. I just ordered on 8/13 so not expecting anything for a while.
Hybrid Lariat, Hot Pepper Red.
My '22 Cactus Gray Hybrid ordered in Oct. '21 from Kendall never was built. I just reordered a '23 XLT. Did your truck get built? If so, how was it configured? I think part of our problem might be that Kendall might get a low allotment being a comparatively small dealer.

I should mention, I don't blame Kendall for this. Mike has worked as hard as he can trying to get me my truck and was extremely helpful in the reorder so this is all a Ford thing which Kendall can't really do anything about. But the wait goes on!

Last edited:

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I just want to know who the lucky person who got a Bronco Raptor out of Corwin is. Saw it driving by my house today and it was crazy. Looks like a tank and those fender flares are massive!

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If anybody in the Treasure Valley wants a full set of the Ford OEM Mud flaps for like $60 OBO, let me know. I swapped mine out bc of some other things Iā€™m doing. Still in really good shape with all hardware and instructions.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone in SW Idaho taken delivery of a Maverick Hybrid lately? I ordered from Kendall in Oct. '21 and nothing so far. No VIN, no scheduled date, zip.​
Sponsored