First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just know my city pretty well and know where the rail yard is where cars are unloaded.
Do you know if they unload cars in Tucson? Or do they take them all the way to Phoenix and then truck them back? If they do unload in Tucson, do you know where?

Thanks...
Sponsored

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you know if they unload cars in Tucson? Or do they take them all the way to Phoenix and then truck them back? If they do unload in Tucson, do you know where?

Thanks...
Union Pacific has no auto unload facilities in Tucson. Closest, and also largest facility, is in Phoenix. Strange since the Union Pacific goes through Tucson on its way to Phoenix. Guess they unload them in Phoenix and then truck them back as you said.

Vongreg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Camry, chevy 2500 HD, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would have done that if the train depot wasn't about 5 hours away from me. I was able to track mine while it was in transit. The truck had a GPS tracker and the website gave the actual location of the truck. I knew how far away my truck was and probably knew before the dealer that my vehicle had arrived.
Inquiring minds would like to know…..

OP
OP
Shay

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Thanks...
A quick look on Google Earth it does not appear there is a car drop off lot rail side in Tucson.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A quick look on Google Earth it does not appear there is a car drop off lot rail side in Tucson.
Thanks. I don't know what one looks like from the air and might not recognize it.

Can you tell me about where the one in Phoenix is so I can look for it? Thanks...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Shay

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks. I don't know what one looks like from the air and might not recognize it.

Can you tell me about where the one in Phoenix is so I can look for it? Thanks...
In Phoenix it is south of downdown bordered by 7th street at the west, Tonto street at the south and 12th street at the east.

Ford Maverick I stalked my Maverick at the railhead rail

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Maverick is showing as being at the Ford Petersburg Ramp Pending Pickup. I was "in the area" this morning😉 and I was going to stalk it but the entrance from the main road said no trespassing. I didn't want to risk it.
So close yet so far.
Ford Maverick I stalked my Maverick at the railhead Screenshot_20220118-162754_Maps

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In Phoenix it is south of downdown bordered by 7th street at the west, Tonto street at the south and 12th street at the east.

rail.jpg
I plan to stalk mine (eventually) since this is like 10 miles from home.

Richfrommo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, how did you find out what rail yard your truck was in? I’ve tracked the rail car that my Maverick is on. Right now the rail car is in New Boston, Michigan. It’s about 130 miles from where I’m located. Is there a way to tell when and where it’s unloaded?
How did you find out what rail car it was on ? Mine is in Gateway yard in Illinois. Going to Columbia,Missouri. Suppose to be trucked from there. Dealet says he won’t know anymore until it’s delivered. I would like to know when it’s loaded on the truck. Maybe a waiting game now !
Sponsored