Sponsored

I pulled the trigger...

TRK65

2.5L Hybrid
New member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Feb 1, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
2
Reaction score
22
Location
Raleigh, North Carolina
Vehicle(s)
2026 Maverick XLT Hybrid (in transit), Mazda CX-5, Mazda 3 sedan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just reserved a new 2026 XLT Hybrid.
FWD, light blue, lux/360/sunroof/spare tire.
Due to arrive 10/16-10/22.
I was in no hurry, but after seeing the changes for 2027 I started searching on Ford.com. I kept expanding the search and found exactly what I wanted one state away, and the pricing was too good to pass up.
I've had a company vehicle since 2000. I still have one but that may not be the case forever. I'm not ready to retire yet but I want to go into retirement without any debt so I need to get everything paid off by then.
Let's see how many accessories I can have waiting for it in the garage!
Sponsored

 

Mr. Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Member
First Name
Keith
Joined
Jul 30, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
17
Reaction score
30
Location
California
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cadillac SRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just reserved a new 2026 XLT Hybrid.
FWD, light blue, lux/360/sunroof/spare tire.
Due to arrive 10/16-10/22.
I was in no hurry, but after seeing the changes for 2027 I started searching on Ford.com. I kept expanding the search and found exactly what I wanted one state away, and the pricing was too good to pass up.
I've had a company vehicle since 2000. I still have one but that may not be the case forever. I'm not ready to retire yet but I want to go into retirement without any debt so I need to get everything paid off by then.
Let's see how many accessories I can have waiting for it in the garage!
Wonderful; Congratulations !
 

Hunters Edge

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Sid
Joined
Jan 26, 2024
Threads
37
Messages
1,988
Reaction score
2,523
Location
Michigan
Vehicle(s)
F150 crew
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good luck on that retirement. Looking forward to your post in introductions and don't forget to attach a picture of your new Maverick.
 
Last edited:

babytruk

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
john
Joined
Nov 2, 2025
Threads
2
Messages
906
Reaction score
1,693
Location
Curacao
Vehicle(s)
2024 maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, wait. Are all of us a bunch of Old Guys here?
Somewhere in MTC there is a survey. Low entry height, no “heavy” building projects, smaller dent into retirement saving for Maverick and gas. Yes, lots of older folks here.
 

Sponsored

Richie La.

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Richie
Joined
Mar 12, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
301
Reaction score
554
Location
Pennsylvania
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Cyber Orange
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm 61. Have not owned a vehicle of my own since 2000.
Well, you chose the right one, 26 years later!! Nice color by the way! Best of luck!! What changes going into ‘27 didn’t you like??
 

Cancunbadlands

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Cancun
Joined
Jul 5, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
5,088
Reaction score
5,592
Location
Cancun
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
Bienvenido Welcome greetings from the #cancunbadlands
 

Cancunbadlands

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Cancun
Joined
Jul 5, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
5,088
Reaction score
5,592
Location
Cancun
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
Somewhere in MTC there is a survey. Low entry height, no “heavy” building projects, smaller dent into retirement saving for Maverick and gas. Yes, lots of older folks here.


Old as the hills
 

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Terry
Joined
Apr 27, 2021
Threads
114
Messages
4,739
Reaction score
9,171
Location
West Chicago, IL
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
I've had a company vehicle since 2000. I still have one but that may not be the case forever. I'm not ready to retire yet but I want to go into retirement without any debt so I need to get everything paid off by then.
Let's see how many accessories I can have waiting for it in the garage!
I had a similar situation, company car since '89, planned to retire at the end of '22, so I ordered a new '23 to have as my first personal vehicle in 33 years. In Nov 22 they offered me a sizable bonus to stay 6 more months, so I took delivery of my '23, and promptly stashed it away until I needed it.

HRG
 
Sponsored

Manuel Cruseturner

New member
First Name
Manuel
Joined
Sep 24, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
TX
Vehicle(s)
Ford F 250
Engine
Undecided
Just reserved a new 2026 XLT Hybrid.
FWD, light blue, lux/360/sunroof/spare tire.
Due to arrive 10/16-10/22.
I was in no hurry, but after seeing the changes for 2027 I started searching on Ford.com. I kept expanding the search and found exactly what I wanted one state away, and the pricing was too good to pass up.
I've had a company vehicle since 2000. I still have one but that may not be the case forever. I'm not ready to retire yet but I want to go into retirement without any debt so I need to get everything paid off by then.
Let's see how many accessories I can have waiting for it in the garage!
That's awesome what's changing for 2027 i can't decide what to get f150 with the big discount a ranger that can pull a real trailer load or a maverick for driving around cheap or a hybrid maverick I'm all screwed up
 

Tbone91

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Jun 20, 2025
Threads
10
Messages
853
Reaction score
1,318
Location
Fulton, NY
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
That's awesome what's changing for 2027 i can't decide what to get f150 with the big discount a ranger that can pull a real trailer load or a maverick for driving around cheap or a hybrid maverick I'm all screwed up
If you are pulling a big trailer regularly and don't care about cost of gas, F-150, if you tow occasionally and want to save some gas, Ranger, if you just want to have fun and tow a light trailer and have decent gas mileage get the EB and if you want to have a fuel efficient vehicle that still capable of towing a light trailer get the hybrid 😁 does that help? 🤷‍♂️ 😅
 

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Dec 14, 2021
Threads
27
Messages
562
Reaction score
1,343
Location
Virginia
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had an opposite situation. I needed a replacement vehicle when the 2010 Toyota minivan i was driving for work finally wouldn't drive anymore after 465k miles. It was August of 2021. I put an order in for a XLT Hybrid.
Because of the mileage reimbursement, I was able to pay it off in a couple of years.
2024, the company decided we get company cars so my wife has been driving the Mav. There's talk that we're going back to driving our own personal vehicles again which means I'm taking back the Mav. My wife said she'll buy her own. She loves driving it.
Sponsored

 
 







Top