Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You will love it. I sold my hybrid after 2 months of ownership. It was not for me and not for what I intended to use it for. I'm waiting for my MY23 EB from Granger.
Yeah, It'll just cost me an extra $350 per year for gas, but I will still be saving that much over my 2005 Uplander and I can live with that!
I'll also be happy if I can get the EB a few months earlier than I would have gotten the Hybrid.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

MaveLick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM REBEL (Soon to be Maverick)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, It'll just cost me an extra $350 per year for gas, but I will still be saving that much over my 2005 Uplander and I can live with that!
I'll also be happy if I can get the EB a few months earlier than I would have gotten the Hybrid.
That would be well spent money for unmatched power. There were several times when I wished I had an EB power to pass other cars on interstate with hills. If or when you switch back to a hybrid, you will probably feel the reduced performance.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, I'm a hypermiler, not a drag racer! I will enjoy squeezing the last few MPG's out of her, just as I would have the Hybrid!
There is a fuel economy dash screen that shows average and instant MPG - it's a great trainer to learn how to drive efficiently. EB does reasonably well highway - I averaged almost 32mpg on a recent long highway trip. Stop and go - not so good but you can't have everything.

Then again, today I did some moderately "spirited" driving and have to say the EB power is very nice to have on tap.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
Wondering what the current state of affairs is with the 2.0 DI Ecoboost engine is? My wife currently has a 2021 Ford Edge AWD with the 2.0 which she is leasing. We are looking into the Maverick for a replacement. We would buy a Maverick as leasing is way more expensive now. We could buyout her current lease on her Edge for a good price (she does 2 year leases) or we could buy a new Maverick 2.0 for just a little more money. Her Edge will have around 40K miles on it (thus out of warranty) if we decided to go that route. The Mav wouldn't be as nice as her Edge but would be under wattanty, etc but my main concern is the longevity of the 2.0 after reading many things online, lol.

Also looking into possibly going hybrid but not really sure yet.

Thoughts?

Sponsored

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
[Yeah, It'll just cost me an extra $350 per year for gas, but I will still be saving that much over my 2005 Uplander and I can live with that!
[/QUOTE]

Based on the Ecoboost rated 25 mpg combined and the Hybrid 37 mpg combined, driving 12000 miles/yr with gas at $3.50/gal, the Hybrid would save you $546. Of course these number vary in real world driving as I for one consistently get 600 miles per tank and average 43 mpg with the Hybrid.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I decided to try something different with dealer #4, after striking out with the first three.
As much as I preferred the Hybrid to the ecoboost, I finally looked at the reality of my situation.
I need a vehicle soon, my 2005 Uplander is nearing the end and I don't want to stick any cash into it. Also, I need a very reliable truck and from what I see, the EB wins that competition. The all-wheel-drive is a plus in snow country and will make for an effortless resale, even years later! The FX4 package was a cheap way to get the very best looking Maverick wheels - Gloss Black! The low ET's could be fun, if I ever need it. I know I am missing a bunch, but this is what matters to me.
I hope to trade (up?) to the Hybrid in 2024, assuming the bugs and delivery woes have been worked out by then. Maybe even a Maverick plug-in Hybrid by then?
And about those three failed earlier deals - All my fault! I didn't know how important COVP was and I assumed all dealers were doing it. I found out different.
Where’s the pic of the Maverick?!

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think your posts and others are what finally sunk in and made look at the decision differently! Thanks!
Thank you. Bottom line though one cannot go wrong with a EB or hybrid. Personal choice based on each person's needs and wants. I just do not drive enough anymore to give up the things I want in a truck to get the hybrid. If I still drove 25K a year, different ballgame, different choices.

And yes, I will still get a level of order envy when I read about those hybrid mpg figures. LOL.

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't be concerned!
I know what an "Atkinson Cycle" engine is and that they are reliable! It's the Hybrid's "flywheel clutch" that concerns me mechanically. The wiring harness lug has been addressed I believe, and doesn't worry me in the least - easy fix.
Have you watched any of the Weber University videos on the Ford eCVT? The eCVT is simpler and less complex than the 8 speed torque converter transmission in the EB. Nothing wrong with the 8 speed, but the eCVT is extremely robust and reliable.

They have been around for a good long time.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you. Bottom line though one cannot go wrong with a EB or hybrid. Personal choice based on each person's needs and wants. I just do not drive enough anymore to give up the things I want in a truck to get the hybrid. If I still drove 25K a year, different ballgame, different choices.

And yes, I will still get a level of order envy when I read about those hybrid mpg figures. LOL.
This is why my Granger EB order will be getting an e85 tune which averages about $1 less a gallon here.
I’ll be getting fewer MPGs but also spending less while getting more power!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wondering what the current state of affairs is with the 2.0 DI Ecoboost engine is? My wife currently has a 2021 Ford Edge AWD with the 2.0 which she is leasing. We are looking into the Maverick for a replacement. We would buy a Maverick as leasing is way more expensive now. We could buyout her current lease on her Edge for a good price (she does 2 year leases) or we could buy a new Maverick 2.0 for just a little more money. Her Edge will have around 40K miles on it (thus out of warranty) if we decided to go that route. The Mav wouldn't be as nice as her Edge but would be under wattanty, etc but my main concern is the longevity of the 2.0 after reading many things online, lol.

Also looking into possibly going hybrid but not really sure yet.

Thoughts?
If you trade at 40K, longevity is not in the equasion!

OP
OP

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I agree.!I look at the two Mavericks as different vehicles! Beyond size, not much matches up. And the size thing isn't exactly identical.

OP
OP

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have you watched any of the Weber University videos on the Ford eCVT? The eCVT is simpler and less complex than the 8 speed torque converter transmission in the EB. Nothing wrong with the 8 speed, but the eCVT is extremely robust and reliable.

They have been around for a good long time.
Yes, that's how I learned about the "flywheel clutch"! I actually posted one of those video's here.
The eCVT is awesome and it is largely responsible for the hybrid's incredible MPG.

bigbicep24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Ford Transit , 1965 Chevelle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Welcome to the Go more places/ Power side.

Ford Maverick I just defected to Team Ecoboost! 362890BC-B5A3-4E4E-AA91-D98B166BD939
Sponsored