Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

• Banned
I ordered (well, pre-ordered) my exact Maverick I wanted on Saturday Sept. 10, and drove it HOME Tuesday Sept. 13.

I had a 3 day wait for my perfect, first choice of Maverick. It is a 2022 of course with a July build date.

Got it at the NEAREST Ford Dealer, 10 miles from my home. Perfect scenario. Perfect timing. Perfect good luck. Without me having a clue; someone ordered my exact truck, then declined it at delivery. My dealer called. I was there in 2 hours. Signed the deal within 3 hours.

I paid a little over MSRP but not much. How much? Depends on how you look at it. Literally, $4000 over MSRP. 2022 MSRP.

BUT prices will for sure GO UP for 2023. MSRP FOR THE EXACT SAME TRUCK could be $2000 more next month. So maybe I paid only $2000 over MSRP.

AND THAT IS WORTH IT FOR ME. I needed a truck sooner than later. I got it 6 to 8 months sooner than ordering a 2023 (with no guarantee it will show up, right?) get to enjoy it sooner, and not go through the painful waiting game. That is worth something. How much is up to you.

I also got 1.9% APR SEPT 13 and who knows how long that will last. I felt very lucky.

How much over MSRP would you pay to walk on a lot and get your exact truck you wanted today?

PS: getting 55 MPG indicated in all city driving during first 60 miles. Wow.

Alto Blue Hybrid XLT with every possible add on except bed cover.
Sponsored

Rduyve

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid (Lux/BAP/CP360)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
3 months ago I bought an xl hybrid for 4.8k above msrp, no regrets

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought my XLT 4kT for 35k, had them throw in a bunch of installs like bed liner, VSS, etc. Love it, looking at upgrading to Lariat 23 (resale is 30k for mine, lariat starts at 27?)

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Over msrp!

The 2023 will definitely be going up, you probably just paid 1000 over and that is worth not waiting a year. Not too bad👍

OP
OP
GPSMan

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

• Banned
Wow. I picked the wrong day to start a thread. I didn't know the new ordering pricing guide and options guide came out today. That is dominating the news.
Nothing worth waiting for if you can get a 2022 today like I did.

New packages are "less inclusive". I'm going to have to price out things a la carte I think to see how I did. Like bed liner is an option only, not in any package if I saw it right.

Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Show us!

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats! Bird in the hand is worth more and if you needed something now then paying over MSRP is unfortunately a requirement for many vehicles. Enjoy it.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You are the perfect example of why price adds are not always a bad thing. I would have no regrets either.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GPSMan

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My first hybrid was the 2005 Escape Hybrid. It was $36,000 in 2005 for less of a car than the Mav. This fully loaded Mav is a STEAL for less than that AFTER mark-up.

Plus, look at how much mark-up is on a bottle of water! Raise your hand, be honest, how many of you have paid for a bottle of water? Were you thirsty at the time? Did you consider it "worth it"?

vRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
Undecided
Congrats!

I would be happy with that. Like you said, no guarantees that the 2023 would get built or how long it would take if it did. Easier to pay now and enjoy it without worrying and chasing up with your dealer on the status every few weeks.

You got a decent interest rate as well. Enjoy!

ItsJustMe

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat 1st Edition Cobalt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My first hybrid was the 2005 Escape Hybrid. It was $36,000 in 2005 for less of a car than the Mav. This fully loaded Mav is a STEAL for less than that AFTER mark-up.

Plus, look at how much mark-up is on a bottle of water! Raise your hand, be honest, how many of you have paid for a bottle of water? Were you thirsty at the time? Did you consider it "worth it"?
Beer is now cheaper than water….

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Beer is now cheaper than water….
NOTE: The alcoholic beverage that you are referring to is not beer, it is a putrefied, fermented rice beverage.

*Just a PSA to protect innocent tastebuds.

OP
OP
GPSMan

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Looks like the same XLT with same packages and features went up $1730 for 2023. Which means the price I just paid for my 2022 went down $1730 since I was prepared to order and wait.

In the end I paid $2270 dealer mark-up to get instant gratification. No waiting.
Sponsored