Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Prior to getting my Mav I'd seen exactly three others out in the wild. Since I took delivery a few weeks ago I haven't seen any at all, which is kinda weird. But anyway, it makes me slightly uncomfortable that I'm driving such an uncommon vehicle around. All the time I see people staring and pointing, and I'm glad there's interest in this truck but it makes me feel pretty weird. I really can't wait for more Mavericks to hit the road so I don't feel like the alien species under the microscope. Am I the only one who doesn't like the attention? I'm happy to talk with anyone who approaches me with questions, but the attention from other drivers is a strange feeling.
Welcome to the club 😂
Sponsored

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Prior to getting my Mav I'd seen exactly three others out in the wild. Since I took delivery a few weeks ago I haven't seen any at all, which is kinda weird. But anyway, it makes me slightly uncomfortable that I'm driving such an uncommon vehicle around. All the time I see people staring and pointing, and I'm glad there's interest in this truck but it makes me feel pretty weird. I really can't wait for more Mavericks to hit the road so I don't feel like the alien species under the microscope. Am I the only one who doesn't like the attention? I'm happy to talk with anyone who approaches me with questions, but the attention from other drivers is a strange feeling.
That feeling will go away in a year...and then you're gonna miss it and end up buying an overpriced mid life crisis car like me to get that feeling back.

Think about it...you're getting a lot of attention for driving a simple looking truck under 25k. Pretty crazy. But enjoy it while you can.

OP
OP
LelandJ

LelandJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That feeling will go away in a year...and then you're gonna miss it and end up buying an overpriced mid life crisis car like me to get that feeling back.

Think about it...you're getting a lot of attention for driving a simple looking truck under 25k. Pretty crazy. But enjoy it while you can.
I just want everyone to have theirs so I can wave to them, or chat at the gas station. LOL

D Janke

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat !
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I go to Costco, I'm the star of the parking lot LoL
People gather around, ohhh's and ahhh's, and "How do you like it's" :cool:

Sponsored

stick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep wrangler 4xe; 13 vw gli; 21 maverick xlt
I don't like to be either, but since this has been my daily since July 2020, I've gotten used to it 😂

IMG_20220403_183156.jpg
And I have SEEN you on the Jeep forums too!

stick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep wrangler 4xe; 13 vw gli; 21 maverick xlt
IF, I ever receive my 4K tow package Maverick - and that's a big IF it seems - it will be nice to have significantly less attention than we have now!!

20200620_123921.jpg
Holy cow!! I learned to drive in a '75 ford wagon, zero to 60 in about 3 min! I see you have the fashionable square headlights of the 80s though! thanks for sharing! (tip - if you leave it floored long enough on a country road, you can eventually hit 120mph! but it is an exercise in patience!)

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No random person has approached since I took delivery in Dec. 2021. Only looks that I saw were the day I picked it up from the dealer on our way home. Must be Colorado and it’s not a Subaru.

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

And I have SEEN you on the Jeep forums too!
I'm actually not a member of any Jeep forums, only in a couple of groups on Facebook. There are hundreds of members of the Jurassic Part Motorpool, so could be any of us :)

Sponsored

lonewolf904

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler gmc yukon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

To be serious for a second...I would feel a bit weird too with people pointing or looking at me. But I know how they feel. I almost had a coronary seeing my first maverick.
People come up to me all the time to ask ford should pay me lol I think I could sell all that they would give me

Phileaux

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge SEL fwd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I accidentally changed lanes the first time I saw Maverick.

In the 90s my daily driver was a banana yellow 66 Monterey, attention getter for sure.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The attention is quite nice after 2 years of isolation. :)

I haven't filled up gas in mine yet where somebody at the gas station didn't ask about it.

jaipi

First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Yamaha R1
Well if it's any consolation, when my wife sees one it's always, "babe look, they get their maverick, why don't we get ours? You need to call Ford again" and me: "😑"
Sponsored