Sponsored

Shadowcat50

First Name
Myke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Ford Maverick Hypermiling Challenge for 2.0 EcoBoost Mavericks 69CB46B1-6211-4026-B99C-973DEDEA7414

swapped with the wife in Packwood Wa on us12 drove it up white pass and went straight home.We had just picked it up the day before. Gotta say I’m pretty impressed with this truck
Sponsored

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
People are giving that onboard calculator too much credit for their 30 mile sample drive lol. If they built a gas station at the top of a steep grade and I lived 15 miles at the bottom I bet I could get it to say 99.9 mpg. But then again I live below sea level so I don’t know what hills are.

Wilky4258

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Dodge Challenger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The best MPG I have received with my AWD was 32.5. Very happy with 32.5. Roughly 27 MPG on a regular basis.

LIL’ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT (Luxury, 4K tow, 360)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well for a non-hybrid Maverick 22.8 mpg is the best I can mustard up!!
C4B13295-BD7B-4C29-9A49-D96217F5BBDC.jpeg
What is the green ET on your display? Is this for non AWD showing economy setting?

TruckVille

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue, 4K Tow, Luxury Package, Flux Capacitor
Love this thread, I'm going to follow it. I may have missed the discussion somewhere, but what is the octane you are running? Anyone compare different octanes just to see what happens? I just started, 75 miles, haven't even refueled yet, and getting upper 20s with mixed driving.

Sponsored

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Remember to use helium in the tires and tape all the panel gaps.

Cole1Bentley

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 BMW 550I
The Best I am getting is 27.7 mpg. I have been using regular 87. I do lots of mix driving. I would love to hit the 30 plus mpg. I don't drive aggressive I use the cruse with center lane a lot because I never had anything with it. Could that be the problem?

Last edited:

TruckVille

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue, 4K Tow, Luxury Package, Flux Capacitor
What did you think of lane centering? I tried it and loved it. That plus the adaptive cruise made me feel like I was one of the Jetsons. :ROFLMAO:

LIL’ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT (Luxury, 4K tow, 360)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The green ET is for engineering mode , i was learning how to tune the MPG to show the real mileage
Oh fun!! Sounds exciting and dangerous lol!! Would be a fun truck to make into a sleeper!

Sponsored
OP
OP
thunaman

thunaman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have broken the 40MPG mark in a 2.0!!

Photo taken by my Wife in the passenger seat.

Ford Maverick Hypermiling Challenge for 2.0 EcoBoost Mavericks AA89C2B9-EFC6-4B34-976D-3364EEAB4AC7

Reactions: Aza

Masejoer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Volt, 2013 F150
I have broken the 40MPG mark in a 2.0!!

Photo taken by my Wife in the passenger seat.

AA89C2B9-EFC6-4B34-976D-3364EEAB4AC7.jpeg
61.5 miles over 50 minutes is 74mph? Is that correct? Bottom left of dash validates this. That looks like excellent fuel economy. Front wheel or all wheel drive?

I'd love to see one of these go cross country at a static speed - 70mph or so with full tanks. If 40mph is attainable at 70mph steady cruise in the AWD, then I'd rather have an EB awd over a hybrid fwd.

Short trips are difficult to trust the in-dash computer, but the computer should always be accurate over a tank. I'd also trust a shorter/hour long drive as long as you're ending at similar elevation. The system knows the pulse widths, injector slopes,. etc. Manual calcs, sometimes people fill tanks more at one time than another, making one need a couple thousand miles to get an accurate average measurement. I've generally found the computers in cars to be accurate, going back to the 80's.

Biggest accuracy issue is wheel diameter changes, but that effects both automatic and hand calculated results.

OP
OP
thunaman

thunaman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
61.5 miles over 50 minutes is 74mph? Is that correct? Bottom left of dash validates this. That looks like excellent fuel economy. Front wheel or all wheel drive?

I'd love to see one of these go cross country at a static speed - 70mph or so with full tanks. If 40mph is attainable at 70mph steady cruise in the AWD, then I'd rather have an EB awd over a hybrid fwd.

Short trips are difficult to trust the in-dash computer, but the computer should always be accurate over a tank. I'd also trust a shorter/hour long drive as long as you're ending at similar elevation. The system knows the pulse widths, injector slopes,. etc. Manual calcs, sometimes people fill tanks more at one time than another, making one need a couple thousand miles to get an accurate average measurement. I've generally found the computers in cars to be accurate, going back to the 80's.

Biggest accuracy issue is wheel diameter changes, but that effects both automatic and hand calculated results.
This was mostly down hill on my way from Flagstaff AZ to Phoenix with an elevation change of about 6500 Feet over 120 miles. I was intentionally coasting(foot off the gas/break, Transmission in Drive and no cruse control) at every chance I got, allowing the truck to speed up and slow down as the elevation changed. In my case I do not fully trust the Computer, I am intentionally trying to "trick" it in to over calculating my MPG just to see how high I can get the #'s. this is all non scientific and not validated with fuel up's. its just for fun! However once I arrived home the computer was still showing 38+MPG after a 120+ mile trip.

This is no substitute for a Hybrid if you want 40MPG on the regular. The best I have done on a long haul was San Diego to Phoenix. I was able to get 30+MPG.

*Edit - I have a AWD FX4.

Shadowcat50

First Name
Myke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Well after almost 1000 miles on trip B this is what we’ve been averaging. Lots of short trips and a few couple hundred mile trips. Have to say I’m very impressed so far

Ford Maverick Hypermiling Challenge for 2.0 EcoBoost Mavericks 7395A5C3-CC34-4EDC-8685-FCC40F29EC9D
Sponsored