Sponsored

Hybrid Maverick performance in mild off-roading or climbing up steep roads?

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Crew Sport XLT
Engine
Undecided
I plan on buying a Hybrid, live in California and am tired of gas prices. I have worked on electric motors most of my working career, these were for aircraft and or land vehicles. I am curious as to how well does the Hybrid do during either mild off-roading or climbing up steep roads. I am a rockhound and do minor off-road. Areas where a 4WD is not necessary. Thanks in advance
Sponsored

IHateSpeedbumps

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I took my hybrid "offroad" the last few days in the Texas hill country. Driving all over 150 acres of land with no roads. No issues at all even with hills. There were some steep ones in the area that were easy for thr truck.
Here is it on the airstrip.
Ford Maverick Hybrid Maverick performance in mild off-roading or climbing up steep roads? 20240312_125215

OP
OP

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I took my hybrid "offroad" the last few days in the Texas hill country. Driving all over 150 acres of land with no roads. No issues at all even with hills. There were some steep ones in the area that were easy for thr truck.
Here is it on the airstrip.
20240312_125215.jpg
Thanks, appreciate this

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Certainly not what I would call off-road, but I take my Hybrid up my long steep gravel driveway almost every day. It does fine, although I did replace the cheap OEM Continental tires almost immediately, for a set of Wildpeak A/T Trail tires.

IF you can go the places you want to go in a FWD vehicle, you should have no problem at all with the FWD Hybrid Maverick.
Ford Maverick Hybrid Maverick performance in mild off-roading or climbing up steep roads? Driveway

Last edited:

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agree with the prior folks.
Traction is your weakest link.

Power/transmission/ capability is just fine.

If some other FWD can do it, this truck will.

I've gone over 15% slope dirt/gravel roads. No sweat. All electric too for much of it at the slower speeds.

Reactions: SFB

Sponsored

IHateSpeedbumps

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I take my Hybrid up my long steep gravel driveway at least almost once daily. It does fine, although I did replace the cheap OEM Continental tires almost immediately, for a set of Wildpeak A/T Trail tires.

IF you can go the places you want to go in a FWD vehicle, you should have no problem at all with the FWD Hybrid Maverick.
I also swapped the stock wheels and tires from the BAP to 235/60/18 Nokian Outpost APTs on Konig Heliograms in 18x8.5.

Reactions: SFB
OP
OP

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I take my Hybrid up my long steep gravel driveway at least almost once daily. It does fine, although I did replace the cheap OEM Continental tires almost immediately, for a set of Wildpeak A/T Trail tires.

Would be nice for a second motor, thank you

sprcoop

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid, 66 Mustang Coupe, 2012 Focus DCT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This might give you some ideas as to hybrid capabilities.

Sponsored