Sponsored

How you got into (eventually) a Maverick?

Mrkosmoo2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Trim
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone else take advantage of high costs being paid for used vehicles to help pay for their Maverick? I didn't want to risk prices dropping and doing a sale/trade-in in April or whenever the Maverick is ready.
Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone else take advantage of high costs being paid for used vehicles to help pay for their Maverick? I didn't want to risk prices dropping and doing a sale/trade-in in April or whenever the Maverick is ready.

I wouldn't worry about it - prices including trade in values will be sky-high for some time. It'll probably be a year or more before new car inventory even starts to stabilize (keyword - starts). As long as new vehicles are scarce, used pricing will remain elevated.

If anything, by then you could very well see additional increased value. Why? Because the pool of used cars available has already shrunk, and likely to shrink more. Everyone that saw values sky high and could sell/trade their vehicle, already did so in the first half of this year. That flooded the market, and caused prices to increase...for a couple of months.

Now that initial flood is gone, and there is nobody left that can take advantage just for the sake of it. That means remaining used cars are needed by their owners, so the ability to sell is diminished, leading to a new increase in used vehicle values. Both my Ranger and my wife's Fiat 500 dipped in value based on online offers (carmax, carvana, etc) in August and September, and then rebounded significantly. I sold my XLT FX4 mid-trim ranger for $37,400 to carmax - over $2K more than the highest offers in June/July. My wife's 2018 fiat I just re-ran through carvana - $19,800. Paid $11K for it last October.

In a nutshell, don't worry about it - keep driving, you aren't losing money holding until your Maverick comes in.

Deleted member 6544

I did. I had a 2021 Wrangler Willys trim. I got $35,000 for it. Took advantage of the price and sold it right then. I did have a couple grand in aftermarket goodies on the jeep. So I actually got more for the Jeep than the price of the Wrangler.

The Jeep was very cool and liked it but for me it turned out not to be an everyday vehicle. Pretty loud, (soft top), more aggressive tires.

As to your title I was reading an article from Hagerty, (I have classic car insurance through them), about the originals of the compact truck market back in the day. It had a link to the Maverick. I read that article and did a bit of investigation and two days later went and ordered the truck. Just more particle for me. And an awesome truck, I hope!

Hatonapug

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still waiting on mine to get built... But.

10+ years in cheap used junkers that cost thousands in repairs a year before inevitably hitting a big repair and getting totaled/junked. Finally bought a new car in 2014. It was between a pickup, Kia soul, or wrangler (due to my height/headroom needs and budget). Pickup/wrangler would have been 2wd, for budget reasons, and soul won on mileage (rated @ 26mpg iirc, got 33mpg on avg... Vs <20 on wranglers and trucks).

Bought a home recently and been moving bags of dirt mulch etc for landscaping in the Soul and really wanting a truck. Soul was low miles still and out of bumper to bumper coverage (and had a $1000 fuel pump failure ONE MONTH after it expired)... So I was considering a new car anyway to avoid any more problems arising... and the lightning pro +extended battery was what I wanted, but was looking like 1-2 years wait at the time. Someone mentioned the Maverick to me and it struck me as a great interim vehicle for 3-6 yrs while ev trucks become more available without the wait (hahaha, foolish me).

While waiting, took my soul in for 40k mileage maintenance and got offered $10k for it and took it, so one car household until my Mav gets here..

Baztek1

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Terrain SLT AWD
I have been wanting to get a pick up for a while, but when my wife and i would discuss it and look at options available, there was nothing that made even the most remote sense for me to buy. Especially when yiu consider that i drive 70 miles each way a day, 3 days a week for work. Then one day in August, my wife sends me info and a pic of the Mav and that was that, the perfect answer to my question. Ordered my CG FE Hybrid for my birthday and now its just a matter of saint like patience until my Unicorn 🦄 arrives.

Sponsored

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I also was getting ready to buy my next vehicle, my almost 7 year old Hyundai Sonata was ready for tires, alighment, brakes, and battery. So selling it to Carvana for $6K less then I paid, was a "No Brainer". Being an older, retired person, and not ready to go full electric, the hybrid Maverick should fit my needs. It will replace my 2005 GMC Canyon (which will be my transportation) until the truck arrives, and is still a 5 passenger vehicle with a cargo bed that wil fit in my garage. I optioned for the Lariat with the Lux, and Co-Pilot packages. Living in Florida, I don't need all the heated seats, mirrors, etc. but want all the safety features that were'nt available 7 years ago. You have to give and buy options you don't need, in order to get what you want in a package. All in all the Maverick has something for everybody, and your out the door under $35K.

Tulros

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tulros
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lux Lariat, AWD, 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I measured my garage and it was 1" to shallow to park a F150
Sponsored