Sponsored

4k Tow: is Aftermarket Eventually an Option?

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
Ford Maverick 4k Tow: is Aftermarket Eventually an Option? 1650404954599
Hey y'all, got a meeting tomorrow with a dealer for the above sticker, noticing that it's AWD w/o the 4k towing package.

My question is what's the over/under on adding the 4k tow package afterwards?
Ford Maverick 4k Tow: is Aftermarket Eventually an Option? 1650405122438

I'd like to add, down the road, some or all of these features, excluding the tires. Are any of these going to be limited to Factory-install or should we start seeing aftermarket parts arriving down the road?

XLT Lux options like the inverter, heated mirror, even the key fob should all be addable afterwards as well?

About to call out of work and drive the 99 miles to see it, want to be sure if I'm going in on it prior to walking into their doors though.
Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can add towing components/receiver, 7 pin connector and electric braking control module for a reasonable cost at any RV service center. But an upgraded rear end, transmission cooler and larger radiator would be very difficult and expensive upgrades. The 4K towing option is actually quite an amazing deal for what they charge for the upgrade and what you get. But realize that's not possible with an existing dealer stock model.

OP
OP

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
Yea the value proposition behind the 4k package is mouthwatering for sure - the FX4 features, particular hill descent and the heavier engine rad/fan are my keys.

Figured the drive ratio, cooler, and trans rad would be rough to toss in after the fact but I had hopes - thanks for dashing them! I don't need 4k towing *now* but....

Back to the mulling board!

OP
OP

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
@Naranjita follow up question, just because I'm curious from your sig: of all your chosen options, which are your favorite?

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Naranjita follow up question, just because I'm curious from your sig: of all your chosen options, which are your favorite?
Hmmmm. :unsure:

I do love them all. I'd hate to choose between my children. But if I were to buy an XL, I would choose CP360 and 4KT. Because you really cannot come back and do something aftermarket with those. But if I could only chose one, it would probably be CP360. But 4KT is a very close second.

There is a part of me that kind of wishes I had done an XL with CP360, 4K Towing, and Moonroof. And possibly power seat if I could score a fleet model. It would have been fun to mod all the stuff back in and also save a few bucks.

Sponsored

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1650404954599.png
Hey y'all, got a meeting tomorrow with a dealer for the above sticker, noticing that it's AWD w/o the 4k towing package.

My question is what's the over/under on adding the 4k tow package afterwards?
1650405122438.png

I'd like to add, down the road, some or all of these features, excluding the tires. Are any of these going to be limited to Factory-install or should we start seeing aftermarket parts arriving down the road?

XLT Lux options like the inverter, heated mirror, even the key fob should all be addable afterwards as well?

About to call out of work and drive the 99 miles to see it, want to be sure if I'm going in on it prior to walking into their doors though.
You can buy the replacement parts now if you want to wait for delivery from the dealers or online parts sites but the install and price is not worth the time except for the key fob and maybe the inverter if you want to not hook it directly into the BMS system and wire it inline to the battery with a high enough gage wire and correct fuse. For example the 4k tow to get all those parts you are looking at over $2000 and that doesn't include change the gear ratio to 3.83 as opposed to 3.63 for non 4k equipped vehicles. Then the trailer brake controller and module to wire it as factory you also need to know how to reprogram the ABS and other modules to work correctly in conjunction with them.

OP
OP

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
There is a part of me that kind of wishes I had done an XL with CP360, 4K Towing, and Moonroof. And possibly power seat if I could score a fleet model. It would have been fun to mod all the stuff back in and also save a few bucks.
I was definitely hunting for an XL with those, sans CP360 (i don't understand the dark magic behind it, gimme tiny mirrors in my mirrors) and make it my own, but I'm also seeing cars like the above and knowing I can just get it now - trying to bake some patience in I guess.

Between the two of you I think you've convinced me of getting the 4k as a base option for my needs (wants).

OP
OP

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
Welp, ask and receive I suppose...

Spur of the moment call, local dealer said he's got 6 Mavs coming in the next two weeks, 4 of which match my preferred pkgs but only one of which is Alto Blue + 4kT, available within 2-4 days.

But it's *only* 4kT, no other addons or pkgs...

Gonna take a peek if the salesman calls back on it, really wanting to see Alto Blue in color - so far from the photo threads I know I'll regret not having it when I see another Alto Mav drive by, to the point I can live without fx4, lux and just mod in whatever I can feasibly do myself.
Sponsored