Sponsored

How will I know when my VIN is established?

Becker300

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick xlt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dumb question on my end.
Sponsored

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Either asking your dealer to look and see or Ford Chat. As an example did the Ford Chat and discovered had a VIN. The first Haray!! in the long drawn out process. They gave me a build week and ETA date as well. The later two are place markers as most move a month out in the future or some monthS. A week before that build werk got an email from Ford with my official build week of 9/19 and that stuck, but not so much for others. Monitor the Schedule week threads and watch, who is getting scheduled and comments for a better guess when yours should be up and when to start using the Ford Chat, dealer or Ford Customer Service number. Uhmmm with you all clumped together the last part is almost thrown out the window but perhaps people will post days and time of day that their orders went in.

MamaWaweegee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Insight
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't forget what happened to 22 models, your VIN will not guarantee you get built

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Contact your dealer on Saturday's via email and ask for a snapshot of the "Vehicle Visibility" Status page for your order.

I send this email to my sales person every Saturday and I get a response with the snapshot very quickly:

Subject: Could you please send me a snapshot of the "Vehicle Visibility" Status page

Body of email:

Hello <First Name>,

Sales Code: XXXXXX, Order Code: XXXX

Ford updates the status of orders on Friday so the Saturday report will give me status on any changes to my order like getting a Scheduled Build Date.

Under the new no-news Ford email system that Ford implemented early in 2022 Ford will not send out "Scheduled Build Date" emails so the only way I can find out is from the "Vehicle Visibility" Status page.

Thanks again for your help in keeping me informed.

<Your Name>

Sponsored

OP
OP
Becker300

Becker300

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick xlt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Perfect, thank you.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Dumb question on my end.
Hope you have better luck with Ford than the 7000 of us who actually got a VIN many months ago only to find out that Ford cannot build the truck anyway. Most do not find out by getting an email. Most find out by chatting with customer service, asking their dealer to find out (and never hearing back) or taking with customer service.

However, even if you get a VIN, there is no guarantee that Ford will even build it. If a 2.0 engine the odds are much more favorable. If a hybrid engine, well, start playing the lottery now. You may have better luck there.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just chat with Ford. They aren't good for much, but the can at least tell you that. I found out I had a VIN a month before I got an email from Ford. My dealer never bothered to tell me anything, I was actually the one to tell him I had one when it was time to roll over 22 orders. Needless to say, my order was canceled and will have to reorder.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Don't forget what happened to 22 models, your VIN will not guarantee you get built
Yeah, unfortunately. Who knows what the next year will bring? In all the considerable years Ford had been around it HAS been a guarantee.
Sponsored