First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I ordered my Maverick back in Oct 21, my dealer said they would accept X-Plan. Now that my truck is ready, the dealer says he doesn't know how to give me the X-Plan price since the invoice has the latest price increases and has to contact Ford to get this information. Is this the correct procedure? I thought it would show up in Smart Vincent. @Tim Bartz, any ideas?
Sponsored

stretch119

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I ordered my Maverick back in Oct 21, my dealer said they would accept X-Plan. Now that my truck is ready, the dealer says he doesn't know how to give me the X-Plan price since the invoice has the latest price increases and has to contact Ford to get this information. Is this the correct procedure? I thought it would show up in Smart Vincent. @Tim Bartz, any ideas?
Please be sure to follow up with whatever you find out about this (in case you find your answer somewhere outside this thread). Iā€™m in the exact same scenario. My order wonā€™t come in until November though, so I have a little bit of time before I need an answer.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD šŸ˜‰
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you not get the original X-Plan price when you ordered it?

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went through this. I have no idea if my situation is typical or not but what occurred is I got a $900 check in the mail about 4 months after I got the truck.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How X-Plan Pricing Is Calculated,

Invoice - 0.4% + $275 program fee = x-plan price

Dealers are not required to participate in Ford Plan pricing

your dealer knows this

Last edited:

Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went through this. I have no idea if my situation is typical or not but what occurred is I got a $900 check in the mail about 4 months after I got the truck.
They're allowed to do that on AXZD Plan purchases - charge the higher amount upfront and refund the difference once price protection goes through. Some dealers will honor the original price upfront (mine did, despite the other BS they pulled).

stretch119

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How X-Plan Pricing Is Calculated,

Invoice - 0.4% + $275 program fee = x-plan price

your dealer knows this
My understanding was that X-plan also somehow capped the amount of doc. fees that the dealer is allowed to charge. Is that not the case?

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My understanding was that X-plan also somehow capped the amount of doc. fees that the dealer is allowed to charge. Is that not the case?
it's true for A & Z Plan, up to $75, can't answer to X

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
$275 is the X-Plan program fee that Ford charges to administer the X-Plan program.

As for doc fees, per the X-Plan Program Rules, the dealer is allowed to charge no more than a $100 doc fee. For A (employee/family) and Z (retiree/family) Plans, dealers are capped at $75. Despite that, some of the BS alluded to earlier was multiple finance managers/directors spending 45+ minutes yelling in my face that they were allowed to charge more than the $75 doc fee because "Ford said so", while pointing to the program rules that say they can't. Getting ever more agitated when I tried to read the rules. They even printed out a copy but wouldn't read it, despite claiming it said they could charge whatever they wanted.

Anyway, for X-Plan, it's $100, as seen here:

Document Fees

• Dealers will be permitted to assess up to $100 in documentary fees on each delivery to an eligible purchaser under the terms of the Plan, unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation. Each dealer is responsible for complying with applicable laws or regulations.
  • Unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation: In states where dealers are not permitted to charge as much as $100 for doc fees, dealers would be capped at the lesser amount as provided by the state. In states that permitted more than $100, dealers would be permitted to charge the Plan customer $100. In states that permitted more than $100 and also required that all customers be charged the same amount, dealers may charge the Plan customer $100 and indicate any additional fees have been paid by Ford Motor Company or Lincoln Motor Company as part of the AXZD-Plan Program dealer reimbursement on the buyer's order.
  • Doc Fee Charges should be detailed on the AXZD Plan Pricing Agreement located in number 4.
Source: https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm

stretch119

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
$275 is the X-Plan program fee that Ford charges to administer the X-Plan program.

As for doc fees, per the X-Plan Program Rules, the dealer is allowed to charge no more than a $100 doc fee. For A (employee/family) and Z (retiree/family) Plans, dealers are capped at $75. Despite that, some of the BS alluded to earlier was multiple finance managers/directors spending 45+ minutes yelling in my face that they were allowed to charge more than the $75 doc fee because "Ford said so", while pointing to the program rules that say they can't. Getting ever more agitated when I tried to read the rules. They even printed out a copy but wouldn't read it, despite claiming it said they could charge whatever they wanted.

Anyway, for X-Plan, it's $100, as seen here:

Source: https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm
So what ended up happening in your scenario? What did you pay for doc. fees?

Sponsored

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They're allowed to do that on AXZD Plan purchases - charge the higher amount upfront and refund the difference once price protection goes through. Some dealers will honor the original price upfront (mine did, despite the other BS they pulled).
It did not matter to me one way or the other. The dealer was over all BS free for the 2022. However when it came time to order a 2023, the BS arrived. No longer willing to honor X-Plan, required dealer added junk... Went from a dealership I was impressed with to one to avoid. The dealer I went with for the 2023 did honor X-Plan, no required dealer add on crap, did provide a sales agreement.. but.... Also required a 1K non refundable deposit... Grrrrrr. But all said I save about 2 grand from non X-plan and sales tax.

Last edited:

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
it should be noted that Ford audits AZ/X-Plan sales. Can't say they audit them all 100% but I would say to the dealer "whatever, Ford will catch it in the audit anyway" and check his reaction.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
it should be noted that Ford audits AZ/X-Plan sales. Can't say they audit them all 100% but I would say to the dealer "whatever, Ford will catch it in the audit anyway" and check his reaction.
The dealer told me that, while openly admitting that they have charged doc fees in excess of the max permitted under AZ-Plans for many years, and used the BS excuse that the audits would've caught it by now if it wasn't allowed.

Yep.

Don't rely on Ford's audits to keep them honest. Only hope that enough complaints will get them to go after the dealers.

581u812

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered a maverick last Saturday. I had all the paperwork for the 2022 xplan but not the 23. I didnā€™t get into the weeds with the dealer but it looked like the xplan is going to save me around 500 dollars. I figure by the time I sign Iā€™ll know more details to see if they are following protocol. I had to drag my butt off the couch and hobble into the dealer in two walking boots so I wasnā€™t in the mood to go through details just happy I made it in to get an order in timeā€¦.hopefully lol

does 500 savings sound right?

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The dealer told me that, while openly admitting that they have charged doc fees in excess of the max permitted under AZ-Plans for many years, and used the BS excuse that the audits would've caught it by now if it wasn't allowed.

Yep.

Don't rely on Ford's audits to keep them honest. Only hope that enough complaints will get them to go after the dealers.
to that crap I'd add "I'll check in with costumer service after the sale and ask for an audit"
embrace the squeaky wheel, be the squeaky wheel.

you might consider at this point it's a dealer problem not Fords
Sponsored