First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hybrid (October 2023)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When someone calls me, I can connect with the button on the wheel but hear nothing. I always have to hang uo and call them back. If someone calls me back a second time, works fine. This is after multiple hard resets. Weird 23 XLTHybrid
Sponsored

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Don't have any issues answering calls in the Maverick and I didn't in my 2015 Prius I had for 7 years using the same platform.

Bilbo_B

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT 2022 2.0 L Ford Escape 2017
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

When I got my truck a few months ago now, I had a terrible time getting the phone synced up with vehicle. I had some experience with about 4 previous vehicles. With Sync, the phones worked quite well. I could push the talk button and tell the car to phone home. But, I discovered that my truck only has Car Play and Android Auto ...not Sync. I confirmed this on my window sticker. I still have an old window sticker for my 2017 Escape and it has Sync in the Functional list but this s not the case with the Maverick that we have now.
The benefit with Android Auto and Carplay is that more of the phone functions can be used. Voice calling, phone apps and maps and GPS routing as an example. You get partial function with it tethered to the USB line (not using data) but the thing is that for full function, you need to have the data functioning on the phone. Most people these days have wireless plans and that's good for them.

Partial Sticker from the Mav. :
Ford Maverick How to Answer Phone Hands Free? Sticker

Bilbo_B

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

When someone calls me, I can connect with the button on the wheel but hear nothing. I always have to hang uo and call them back. If someone calls me back a second time, works fine. This is after multiple hard resets. Weird 23 XLTHybrid
Someone on a vid said that you can get this working IF you change your ring tone on the car from default to "Use phone ringtone".

smoreho2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Someone on a vid said that you can get this working IF you change your ring tone on the car from default to "Use phone ringtone".
Thank you Bilbo - certainly worth a try

Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailMaster

TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger XLT 4L, Honda Valkyries (2)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure the main riff from Black Dog will be good in the car truck! Definitely an attention getter.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Must be an iPhone. Other people have reported that problem on here. I've had no trouble with Android.

There's some sort of work around, I think.

Bilbo_B

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

smoreho2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are correct. It is an iphone

AUTiger83

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Lariat, FX4, 4k Tow, Azure Gray.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Gripe: All those steering wheel buttons, and not one of them will pause my audio (avid audiobook listener). You have to hit the left radio button, or your phone to pause.

Sponsored

dlhort1955

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Left to right: 1) voice command 2) answer phone/ rewind or repeat streaming song 3) hang up phone/ fast forward to next streaming song
Thanks Jeff. Now I should be able to answer and hang up. Have no clue what voice command is, so that button is worthless. I have Android Auto set up, but the truck does not have Sync, so any Sync lnfo you all share with me I cannot use. My wife got me the Google Pixel 8 Pro so I have top of the line, but when you are 69 years old you don't use all that new stuff the phone is capable of. I do know how to text, but that is not easy to do going down the road.

Bilbo_B

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks Jeff. Now I should be able to answer and hang up. Have no clue what voice command is, so that button is worthless. I have Android Auto set up, but the truck does not have Sync, so any Sync lnfo you all share with me I cannot use. My wife got me the Google Pixel 8 Pro so I have top of the line, but when you are 69 years old you don't use all that new stuff the phone is capable of. I do know how to text, but that is not easy to do going down the road.
I can relate. We have Android Auto and I used to use Sync Generation #1 on our previous car. With the voice button, you can use a series of voice commands such as Call "So and so" and it will do the dialing if the name and number jives with what is in your phone's phone book. ...or list of numbers. I think that Android Auto will still do that but it only does all the connectivity IF you data is turned on.....generally it is. The functions of Android Auto are better than the versions of Sync that I used to use. It has full GPS functions as an example. It's best to experiment in the driveway. They are saying that the odds of having an accident while playing with the car's infotainment system on the road are higher than that with drunk drivers.

Here's something for anybody interested. If you type in your VIN, you can see what version of SYNC that you have. If it says "Not available on this Vehicle" then you only have Carplay and Android Auto.
https://www.ford.com/support/sync-maps-updates/

Last edited:

Eldrick1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Gripe: All those steering wheel buttons, and not one of them will pause my audio (avid audiobook listener). You have to hit the left radio button, or your phone to pause.
Yeah. Why the bottom right on left cluster doesn't pause if playing a source (and only
Ford Maverick How to Answer Phone Hands Free? 1000010170
mutes otherwise) is a miss. It says the mute button pauses some sources, but I have no idea what they might be, and it's definitely not audio books through my Libby app
I didn't know left button on radio would pause. Might be more convenient - I just paused on screen previously.
Sponsored