Sponsored

How many June orders are still waiting for their Maverick?

OP
OP
TizaM

TizaM

First Name
Tiza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Have they mentioned the $1000 off of yours? Dealer didn’t tell me that but Ford did when I called them on the phone since I get slightly more info from them. They can’t really do anything except read to me from a screen. This is my first and last vehicle that I will order. I never imagined it would turn into this long of a wait despite having add on items that have made the wait longer. Over a year is ridiculous, I ordered this for my mother and this will miss arriving to her for Christmas (2021) and now her birthday in August. I did mention that I was getting it for her late last year and I’m sure by now she thinks it’s not going to happen. And meanwhile Ford doesn’t care because someone else will buy it if I don’t.
TizaM, you and I have discussed our June orders on a number of threads. It is truly ridiculous. I ordered mine June 19, 2021. Last I heard from Ford a few days ago was that the build is expected week of August 1 with shipment to dealer estimated around September 10. Neither date means anything since I have been pushed back numerous times. I do have a vin but again, it can be changed and means virtually nothing as well.

After ordering the Maverick which I bought because I wanted a small truck I pretty much forgot about it although I did frequent the forum and posted regularly. I did not need a truck but the Maverick, especially as a hybrid, seemed pretty neat. I ordered a fairly well loaded hybrid Lariat just for a lark. I started reading this forum and all the red flags went up right away and I knew it would be a long delay so I started looking for something else. Since I had previously owned (and loved) a first generation Ridgeline, I began shopping for one. I found a brand new beauty this past winter and bought it. I love it just like I did my first Ridgeline! As far as constraints are concerned I paid little attention to them and knew it would cause a delay. But if I don't get a vehicle just the way I want it then I'll find something else - and I did. I will not compromise on what I want although some things the dealer could install I did get rid of, such as mud guards. But if for example I want the luxury package or other things only the factory can install, then those stay on the order and I'll take my chances.

So, I don't need the Maverick at all but since I got a good deal on it because no one knew how popular they would become, I held on and have not cancelled the order. I had no reason to cancel the order. IF I ever get it I intend to give the dealer a check, drive it home and keep it in the garage until I sell it. Hopefully, for a few thousand bucks more than I paid. I consider that easy money. If the market turns sour for these trucks by the time I get it (if ever) then I'll just walk away. No great loss to me one way or the other.
Sponsored

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Escape, 2018 Chevy Trax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered 6/14. Mine has been sitting at the rail ramp in Chicago Heights, IL for about 3 weeks now…….

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer does not communicate with me so I don't know about the $1000 off. Ford chat did not disclose this either. How do you get it? From your picture I see you are a young lady and I feel sorry for you and your mom going through this. She may be close to my age (73) and us seniors don't have the time to fool around with these stupid dealers and incompetent manufacturers. Problem is most don't care, as you mentioned. That's why this forum has been so valuable. After ordering I came here and read lots of threads and the handwriting was clearly on the wall. So, I wasted no time in purchasing my Ridgeline and just seeing the Maverick as a long term investment.

I realize most folks are not in the position I am in. They HAVE to have a truck. Or, they need a hybrid perhaps to save at the pump. Maybe money is a factor and the Maverick is/was a bargain. I don't have to have a truck, gas prices mean nothing to me because money is not much of a factor at this point in my life. I don't feel sorry for myself even though I have waited over a year because I don't even want the Maverick, other than to flip it and make some easy cash. The people I feel sorry for are those that really need this truck.

Jonny44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT,2013 Ford F150 XLT 4x4, 2015 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still waiting...
Sponsored