Sponsored

How many June orders are still waiting for their Maverick?

TizaM

First Name
Tiza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
i ordered mine on June 27 2021. production has been pushed back multiple times, now tentatively set for August 7th. Was issued my VIN on 4/20. Never imagined I would be waiting over a year for a vehicle. Called ford and was told I’d be receiving $1000 off the truck for having to wait so long.
  • Trailer Hitch Receiver w/ 4-Pin Connector
  • Bed Extender
  • Bed Tie Down Locking Rails w/ 2 Locking Brackets
  • Rear Under seat Bins
  • Manual Rear Sliding Window
  • Cargo Bed Net
  • Floor Liners, All-Weather Tray Style, Set
  • 8-Way Power Driver and 6-way Manual Passenger Seats
  • Full Size Spare Tire
  • Bedliner - Spray-in
  • 300A
  • Ford Co-Pilot360™
  • AM/FM Stereo w/ 6 Speakers
  • Unique Cloth Bucket Front-Seats
  • Navy Pier
  • P225/65R 17" A/S BSW Tires
  • XLT
  • Cactus Grey
  • 17" Painted Aluminum Wheels
  • Automatic Continuously Variable Transmission
  • FWD
  • 2.5L Hybrid Engine
Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i ordered mine on June 27 2021. production has been pushed back multiple times, now tentatively set for August 7th. Was issued my VIN on 4/20. Never imagined I would be waiting over a year for a vehicle. Called ford and was told I’d be receiving $1000 off the truck for having to wait so long.
  • Trailer Hitch Receiver w/ 4-Pin Connector
  • Bed Extender
  • Bed Tie Down Locking Rails w/ 2 Locking Brackets
  • Rear Under seat Bins
  • Manual Rear Sliding Window
  • Cargo Bed Net
  • 8-Way Power Driver and 6-way Manual Passenger Seats
  • Full Size Spare Tire
  • Bedliner - Spray-in
  • 300A
  • Ford Co-Pilot360™
  • AM/FM Stereo w/ 6 Speakers
  • Unique Cloth Bucket Front-Seats
  • Navy Pier
  • P225/65R 17" A/S BSW Tires
  • XLT
  • Cactus Grey
  • 17" Painted Aluminum Wheels
  • Automatic Continuously Variable Transmission
  • FWD
  • 2.5L Hybrid Engine
You do have a number of constrained items on your order that probably held up scheduling and production.

These include:

• Bed Extender
  • Cargo Bed Net
  • Bedliner - Spray-in
  • Ford Co-Pilot360™

Even a Hybrid was a constrained item.

I ordered 8/23/21 and was scheduled 9/16/21 for a build date of 11/08/21 that got pushed to 11/29.

On my order I remove all the constrained items I could such as Hard Drop-in Bedliner, Splash Guards then the Bed Mat as all of these can be ordered after I got my Truck.

That left my order as: 2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid with Co-Pilot360 + Rear Sliding Window + 110V/400W Outlet in Cab

I added after I received my Maverick: All Weather Floor Liners, Tailgate Damper, Splash Guards, Hard Drop-in Bedliner

Last edited:

UncleDuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fusion
6/10/2021 still waiting, it is suppose to be built and shipped, but I have my doubts.

Zwyatt7

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Ordered 6/14/21
Just received my Built email today. Fingers crossed it gets shipped to the dealer on time.

Wolfe Jet

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Modules just popped tonight, expecting Built email soon…

Sponsored

Linda B

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Lux!!!, E450 Lazy Daze Motorhome
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
6/10/2021 still waiting, it is suppose to be built and shipped, but I have my doubts.
From your sig line, you ordered a week before I did, but have the same build and ship dates. My dealer looked it up and said on July 6 "it has officially made it onto American soil; looks like it was in Arizona a few days ago ". If ours were shipped the same time, maybe they're on the same train and yours is only one state away. I have to wait till mine gets to Michigan and then the air hole recall gets performed.

Ask your dealer to see what it shows in the visibility report.

OP
OP
TizaM

TizaM

First Name
Tiza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
I asked the dealership if I could drop some items to get the truck faster and they said that it wouldn’t matter. This was around February.

You do have a number of constrained items on your order that probably held up scheduling and production.

These include:

• Bed Extender
  • Cargo Bed Net
  • Bedliner - Spray-in
  • Ford Co-Pilot360™

I ordered 8/23/21 and was scheduled 9/16/21 for a build date of 11/08/21 that got pushed to 11/29.

On my order I remove all the constrained items I could such as Hard Drop-in Bedliner, Splash Guards then the Bed Mat as all of these can be ordered after I got my Truck.

That left my order as: 2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid with Co-Pilot360 + Rear Sliding Window + 110V/400W Outlet in Cab

I added after I received my Maverick: All Weather Floor Liners, Tailgate Damper, Splash Guards, Hard Drop-in Bedliner

OP
OP
TizaM

TizaM

First Name
Tiza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
When did you drop the items? I was never informed that certain items would hold it back. Plus nothing happened on my vehicle until I was issued a VIN in April. You had a scheduled build date by within 2-3 months of ordering.

These include:

• Bed Extender
  • Cargo Bed Net
  • Bedliner - Spray-in
  • Ford Co-Pilot360™

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I asked the dealership if I could drop some items to get the truck faster and they said that it wouldn’t matter. This was around February.
Probably right about that. I never considered dropping the lariat luxury package or changing to an ecoboost and got scheduled in December. Received truck at the end of April. The whole allocation round robin fiasco of a selection process needs to be forever mothballed.

I'm just astonished there are June/July orders not only in production limbo but even unscheduled at this point.

Chance301

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably right about that. I never considered dropping the lariat luxury package or changing to an ecoboost and got scheduled in December. Received truck at the end of April. The whole allocation round robin fiasco of a selection process needs to be forever mothballed.

I'm just astonished there are June/July orders not only in production limbo but even unscheduled at this point.
I have a July xlt hybrid lux order with no production date. Ordered from a small local dealer. He still has two June orders that just received production dates the past week. None of his July orders are scheduled. I get constraints but it seems the smaller dealers are getting ignored

Sponsored

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When did you drop the items? I was never informed that certain items would hold it back. Plus nothing happened on my vehicle until I was issued a VIN in April. You had a scheduled build date by within 2-3 months of ordering.
Thats really unfortunate. When i ordered in January i used this forum to compile a list of constraint items to avoid. I skipped them and got the accessories after shipment. Some of the items like copilot i just had to do without. Your dealer should have known these things. Sorry you had to go through all this. Up here when ordering even in june customers were told hybriids were a min 8month wait time. It seems south of the border dealers were less informative.

hooliganmom

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel terrible for people with unfilled June orders. The items are constrained, not unavailable. I ordered in a hybrid with 360 and SIBL in July and got it in March.

OP
OP
TizaM

TizaM

First Name
Tiza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
This was my first time ordering a vehicle. I’m actually buying it for her. Dealership originally told me it would take about 6 months. By the time I started calling to get updates it was after January. I knew a few items were constrained but never figured that would mean waiting over a year. That’s just ridiculous. I should have joined this forum sooner, I’d have made different choices.
Thats really unfortunate. When i ordered in January i used this forum to compile a list of constraint items to avoid. I skipped them and got the accessories after shipment. Some of the items like copilot i just had to do without. Your dealer should have known these things. Sorry you had to go through all this. Up here when ordering even in june customers were told hybriids were a min 8month wait time. It seems south of the border dealers were less informative.

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
TizaM, you and I have discussed our June orders on a number of threads. It is truly ridiculous. I ordered mine June 19, 2021. Last I heard from Ford a few days ago was that the build is expected week of August 1 with shipment to dealer estimated around September 10. Neither date means anything since I have been pushed back numerous times. I do have a vin but again, it can be changed and means virtually nothing as well.

After ordering the Maverick which I bought because I wanted a small truck I pretty much forgot about it although I did frequent the forum and posted regularly. I did not need a truck but the Maverick, especially as a hybrid, seemed pretty neat. I ordered a fairly well loaded hybrid Lariat just for a lark. I started reading this forum and all the red flags went up right away and I knew it would be a long delay so I started looking for something else. Since I had previously owned (and loved) a first generation Ridgeline, I began shopping for one. I found a brand new beauty this past winter and bought it. I love it just like I did my first Ridgeline! As far as constraints are concerned I paid little attention to them and knew it would cause a delay. But if I don't get a vehicle just the way I want it then I'll find something else - and I did. I will not compromise on what I want although some things the dealer could install I did get rid of, such as mud guards. But if for example I want the luxury package or other things only the factory can install, then those stay on the order and I'll take my chances.

So, I don't need the Maverick at all but since I got a good deal on it because no one knew how popular they would become, I held on and have not cancelled the order. I had no reason to cancel the order. IF I ever get it I intend to give the dealer a check, drive it home and keep it in the garage until I sell it. Hopefully, for a few thousand bucks more than I paid. I consider that easy money. If the market turns sour for these trucks by the time I get it (if ever) then I'll just walk away. No great loss to me one way or the other.