Sponsored

How long from start of production until production completed email?

Dugan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Maverick went into production last Thursday. I was wondering how long the process takes before I will receive an email that it has been completed? Thanks for any info…..
Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

JSchmidt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
From the time I received the email from Ford that it was in production to the email that is was built was 8 days. I kept checking for module information and I saw them populate with information on day 7. You can also ask your sales person for a Vehicle Visibility report and it will give you more information. Once is it built, it took 2 days to be put on a railcar. I asked for another Vehicle Visibility report a few days after being built so I could get the railcar number in order to track its progress. I am in Ohio and it will ultimately be delivered by CSX railway (even though it starts out on Union Pacific, the information is provided to CSX by UP which allows tracking the whole time with CSX) so the following is what I use to check my status with my phone: 18002352352,,1,,81814192#,,,953355#,,,##
The system interprets this and gives me the latest location information of the railcar. The phone system can use voice instead of key punches but I found it frustrating as it does not understand very well. To explain the number sequence you need to understand that when entering the rail car identifier using the keypad it takes 2 umbers, the first is the number where you letter falls on the keypad and the second is the position of that letter on that number. My numbers explained below:
  • 18002352352 is the toll free number for CSX.
  • , commas are used as a 4 second pause so using 2 in a row is an 8 second pause before sending more pressed keys information
  • 1 is the option to get the location
  • 81814192 is the rail car letters interpreted by the system. The actual letters are TTGX.
    • T is on the number 8 key and is the first letter on that key.
    • T is on the number 8 key and is the first letter on that key
    • G is on the number 4 key and is the first letter on that key
    • X is on the number 9 key and is the second letter on that key
  • # pound symbol is used to signal the end of the rail car letters
  • 953355 is the rail car number
  • ## double pound symbol is used to signal that you are done entering information and want the results provided.
I have this programmed in a contact on my phone and can call it anytime and I get an update in less than 1 minute. Using the voice prompts it could take 5-10 minutes and cause a lot of frustration and crazy looks from the wife, LOL.

If you are west of the Mississippi river then you need to call the Union Pacific number and follow their prompts as the above process is only for those on the east of the Mississippi river where CSX delivers.

Hope this helps!

OP
OP

Dugan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From the time I received the email from Ford that it was in production to the email that is was built was 8 days. I kept checking for module information and I saw them populate with information on day 7. You can also ask your sales person for a Vehicle Visibility report and it will give you more information. Once is it built, it took 2 days to be put on a railcar. I asked for another Vehicle Visibility report a few days after being built so I could get the railcar number in order to track its progress. I am in Ohio and it will ultimately be delivered by CSX railway (even though it starts out on Union Pacific, the information is provided to CSX by UP which allows tracking the whole time with CSX) so the following is what I use to check my status with my phone: 18002352352,,1,,81814192#,,,953355#,,,##
The system interprets this and gives me the latest location information of the railcar. The phone system can use voice instead of key punches but I found it frustrating as it does not understand very well. To explain the number sequence you need to understand that when entering the rail car identifier using the keypad it takes 2 umbers, the first is the number where you letter falls on the keypad and the second is the position of that letter on that number. My numbers explained below:
  • , commas are used as a 4 second pause so using 2 in a row is an 8 second pause before sending more pressed keys information
  • 81814192 is the rail car letters interpreted by the system. The actual letters are TTGX.
  • ## double pound symbol is used to signal that you are done entering information and want the results provided.
I have this programmed in a contact on my phone and can call it anytime and I get an update in less than 1 minute. Using the voice prompts it could take 5-10 minutes and cause a lot of frustration and crazy looks from the wife, LOL.

If you are west of the Mississippi river then you need to call the Union Pacific number and follow their prompts as the above process is only for those on the east of the Mississippi river where CSX delivers.

Hope this helps!

OP
OP

Dugan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you very much for the info... I am also in Ohio and will be tracking from this point on. Production started last Wednesday..... Getting antsy

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Hope this helps!
Thank you so much for the detailed instructions for Rail Car tracking. My Maverick was just built and I will be following your instructions for tracking.

I really like the idea in saving the code sequence.

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
My Maverick went into production last Thursday. I was wondering how long the process takes before I will receive an email that it has been completed? Thanks for any info…..
Huge variance possible. Some folks stay in production only for a handful of days but I was stuck there for 47 days.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Goldrush72

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Mach1 18 Ecosport 08 Sebring
Mine went in production 11/18 and completed 11/29. So 11 days

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since Ford is unreliable in emails I ask my dealer to email me a snapshot of the "Vehicle Visibility" report showing the FULL History. I asked for the report on 11/27

On this report I saw that my Hybrid Maverick went into Production on 11/22. My scheduled build week was showing as 11/29 on the same report.

The report also showed that production was moving forward:

11/24 Body Shop
11/25 Trim Line

As of 11/28 I had received no emails from Ford about being in production but the tracker did show in production but with no date.

On 11/29 I received an email from Ford saying my Maverick was in production with a date of 11/29 on it. Note that the 11/29 date matched build week of 11/29 date.

Later on the 29th my Modules were activated. That meant that my truck was built.

One day later I received the Ford email that my truck was built along with an estimated delivery date.

So if your production build follows mine you should be built by the end of this week.

You could ask your dealer to send you a snapshot of the "Vehicle Visibility" report showing the FULL History. That way you will know exactly where you are in line.

Also you could check to see if your modules are active. When they are your truck is built.

Ford Maverick How long from start of production until production completed email? Scheduled to Week of 11-29 and Day 12-04.JPG

Ford Maverick How long from start of production until production completed email? In Production - Trim Line.JPG

Ford Maverick How long from start of production until production completed email? In Production 2021-11-22.JPG

Ford Maverick How long from start of production until production completed email? In Production 2021-11-29.JPG

Ford Maverick How long from start of production until production completed email? Module Build Data.JPG

Ford Maverick How long from start of production until production completed email? Built #2.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: