Sponsored

How long do they hold your vehicle for after arriving?

Gryphandor

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Versa
So lucky me. Last week I got my build week of Feb 28th and my VIN. So if there are any delays or if somehow my delivery date is early April what will prevent my dealership from selling my ordered vehicle while I am out of the country? How long do they have to hold it or can I request that they hold it? Will I have to worry about my dealership using it for test drives or selling it out from under me while I am away for 10 days?

This is my first ordered new vehicle so please understand my concerns. My wife and I will be in Jamaica and believe me we are going this time. Pushed it back two years thanks to Covid.
Sponsored

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Assuming it varies from dealer to dealer. In my case, after my delivery got pushed back by two weeks, I told the dealer there was a chance I'd be out of town when it arrives. The dealer assured me they'd not only hold it for me but that no customers would be allowed to test drive or even sit it in.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You have signed docs, right? Try and see if you can line up financing and put some coin down?

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The only way to know, is to talk to them about it.

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Came in at our only dealer, Oroville Ford about 6pm 12/15 and I picked it up 12/16 10am. Ordered white hybrid xlt with only optional hitch on 9/8 left factory 11/30 to Benicia CA unloaded from train.

Basically, no waiting at dealer. No markup BS, only a handshake and a few batches of cookies I took when I stopped by to say high or ask questions. Ordered msrp, paid msrp plus taxes and DMV. Had my vin 9/18 after locking in 1.9% for 60 months. I got the first Hybrid sold in town and 2nd Maverick.

Sponsored

Shawshi

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 MKX, 1980 F150, 2002 Firebird, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you are purchasing your Maverick under The New Vehicle Purchase Program (X-Plan) they might hold you to this rule.
  • Dealerships will notify the customer as soon as the vehicle has been prepared for delivery. New Vehicle Purchase Program customers must accept delivery and make final settlement within five working days of notification by the dealership that the vehicle is available for delivery. Unless otherwise agreed to between the dealership and the New Vehicle Purchase Program customer, vehicle disposition becomes the sole responsibility of the delivering dealership on the sixth day.

OP
OP
Gryphandor

Gryphandor

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Versa
The only way to know, is to talk to them about it.
Ya I guess I will have to speak to them about it once I get an estimated delivery date that might just cause this issue. Again, was just curious if I had two days or a week to get my new truck. Just thinking ahead. April will be about 8 months of waiting so covering my bases.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My wife and I will be in Jamaica and believe me we are going this time. Pushed it back two years thanks to Covid.

If you are financing that can all be arranged ahead of time. You can also give someone you trust "LIMITED POWER OF ATTORNEY" to do the business for you. On all points talk it over with your dealership rep.

Be careful in Jamaica, do not get too far off the beaten trail unless you know people there and are with them.

OP
OP
Gryphandor

Gryphandor

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Versa
If you are financing that can all be arranged ahead of time. You can also give someone you trust "LIMITED POWER OF ATTORNEY" to do the business for you. On all points talk it over with your dealership rep.

Be careful in Jamaica, do not get too far off the beaten trail unless you know people there and are with them.
Thanks for looking out. It is an all inclusive resort that we have gone to once before. Just had such a great time our last visit we plan to stay longer.
Sponsored