Sponsored

Hot Pepper Red Maverick w/ pocket style fender flares, bed extender, bed liner, trifold cover and tailgate assist

forvrknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I realize this thread is a bit on the older side but there isn't much info out there on Maverick fender flares. This is the type I would like and I wondered if they were dealer installed or easy to do yourself? Anyone is welcome to reply or to direct me to an install video for another vehicle close or similar to the Mavericks installation. I just don't want to pay to have the dealer do something I could save money on doing myself if it is simple enough.
These were dealer installed but from my understanding they should be easy to do yourself.

Is the black of the fender flares the same as the trim on your vehicle? I have some bushwacker flares here I haven't put on yet and they seem like a shinier deeper black than the trim on the vehicles
I can't tell a difference.
Sponsored

RobChills

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick XLT FX4 - Area 51, 19' Pacifica LTD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I realize this thread is a bit on the older side but there isn't much info out there on Maverick fender flares. This is the type I would like and I wondered if they were dealer installed or easy to do yourself? Anyone is welcome to reply or to direct me to an install video for another vehicle close or similar to the Mavericks installation. I just don't want to pay to have the dealer do something I could save money on doing myself if it is simple enough.
Very easy to install yourself....about a 30min job, including prepping/cleaning the area. The rubber gasket is already installed on the fenders when you get them, making the job even easier. Get your hands on a cheap panel tool (although a flathead will also work). If you can lift a few panel fasteners, align some holes, and put said fasteners back in, you'll be fine.

The black/charcoal is also in line with all the other trim parts for those wondering.

Rickus

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 Chevy LUV Truck, Can Am Spyder RT & F3S
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I need to stop reading about these add-ons. I'll go broke(r) with these awesome ideas!!! Let's see: powder coating the steel wheels, tailgate letters, grill paint, fender flares, and who knows what's next!!! 😁

bwayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2008 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
F-150 changed to Aluminum for good- not just an offer/option. Can't remember what year it was, but my 2018 F-150 is Aluminum and it happened a couple model years before that. I don't see a business case for Maverick going all Aluminum unless Escape and Bronco Sport did at same time and they would have to build a new production line or facility to manufacture them.
It was 2015 model year. That’s why I bought my 2015 F150. That and the windows.

gwalton1234

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saturn Aura
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is sexy. Love the fender flares!
Sponsored