Sponsored

Stressed_Era

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 MAZDA 3 AWD hatch. 18 MAZDA CX-9.
i understand that, but the biggest thing i hate, and all car manufacturers do this is with the signature lighting. its just some LED's in the housing. some manufacturers are making two entirely different headlight housings to avoid giving the signature lighting across all trims. before signature Led was a thing, they were doing this with HID headlights. in 06 i got a base model volkswagen GTI with HID standard across all trims. in 2011 when i traded up i had to get a lighting package to get the HID headlights, which transformed the whole look of the car. so when i see a headlight that juast basically contains a placeholder for the LED, it annoys me. its such a small thing that makes a big difference and i think they leverage that into the pricing, knowing people will pay more for something that costs them nothing.

back to HID headlights. it used to be that all bmws regardless of trim or model had HID headlights. when HID lighting became more mainstream in all cars, all of a sudden bmw stopped making them standard. then you could get a hyundai with HID head lights and a bmw costing 10k more to start had halogen headlights because it was a base model. its ridiculous.

sorry for the rant. i just always find that i can never build a vehicle the way i want it. to get the things i really want i have to get a lariat with fx4 package. at that point i should be looking at a ranger.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MaxTrucklet

First Name
Judy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Niro
I bet they just lay in the pocket. Would be easy to swap one out of an XL. If you can get your hands on one that is.
Good pics of Cactus Gray 2022 Maverick Lariat & XLT Hybrid w/ Spray-in Bed Liner and Bed Extender

Cactus Gray 2022 Maverick Lariat.jpg

Cactus Gray 2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid Front.jpg

Cactus Gray 2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid.jpg

Ford Maverick Bed Extender and Spray In Bedliner on Cactus Gray XLT.jpg

Gray cloth interior Cactus Gray 2022 Maverick XLT hybrid.jpg

Gray cloth interior Cactus Gray 2022 Maverick XLT hybrid 1.jpg
It really should be call Cactus Grean. If you see it in the sunlight it's more green than gray.
Dang, I just watched a fairly crisp video and it looks like seats are also a shade of blue. I really thought the seats were black with brown inner pieces.

Here's the link:

These really don't look good at all.
Geez…that engine is so NOISY!!

MaxTrucklet

First Name
Judy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Niro
It's not though. Photos pick up the surrounding colors way more than in real life. I've seen it a few times and never get a very strong green tint that you see in photos.
saw in person at dealership….was disappointed it looked very light gray but hard to discern any green….maybe a tinge if vehicle is in shade.

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think Cactus Grey and Area 51 are two colors that look differently depending on lighting. I saw a 21 Cactus Grey Ranger last week and really liked the color and don't have any issues if it has a slight green tinge. Colors are a personal thing and after recently having white, red, and blue trucks it was time for a change.

Last edited:

Sponsored

hsinking1932

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think Cactus Grey and Area 51 are two colors that look differently depending on lighting. I saw a 21 Cactus Grey Ranger last week and really liked the color and don't have any issues if it has a slight green tinge. Colors are a personal thing and after recently having a white, red, and blue truck it was time for a change.
Steve, where do you like to put your shield?😆

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I think Cactus Grey and Area 51 are two colors that look differently depending on lighting. I saw a 21 Cactus Grey Ranger last week and really liked the color and don't have any issues if it has a slight green tinge. Colors are a personal thing and after recently having white, red, and blue trucks it was time for a change.
Of course it has a green tinge…. That’s where the “cactus” part comes in

Yardtruck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2006 Sienna 2016
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That 3/4 rear view in particular shows the incredibly beautiful lines that Ford came up with.
They really hit a home run. I would not want to be a (weeping?) veteran of the Hyundai Santa Cruz design team!
A guy at church just bought a Bronco with a color that looked oddly green. I wonder if that was Cactus Grey? (Saw it in the twilight.) Must ask him next week. But the sort of mint green aspect turned me off..
I know I will order an XLT Maverick at some point. But I go from Oxford White to Cactus Grey and back! Oh well. I will have a chance to see one or two CG in the wild before I make up my mind...

Sponsored

Yardtruck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2006 Sienna 2016
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Love the bed extender.. added to my order!
I thought bed extenders were a stupid gimmick-for my first four trucks. Then I bought one that came with.
Well it turned out to be incredibly useful, almost on a daily basis. You will not regret it.

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought bed extenders were a stupid gimmick-for my first four trucks. Then I bought one that came with.
Well it turned out to be incredibly useful, almost on a daily basis. You will not regret it.
I didn't order one along with the truck. Is it something hard to install? Is it removable?

Yardtruck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2006 Sienna 2016
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I didn't order one along with the truck. Is it something hard to install? Is it removable?
Yes they are removable. No aftermarket yet so you must order through dealer. He will install. Maybe for zero $$.

MaxTrucklet

First Name
Judy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Niro
Of course it has a green tinge…. That’s where the “cactus” part comes in
saw the Ranger in Cactus Gray last month…..you have to use your imagination to see the drop of green. I wanted more!

MaxTrucklet

First Name
Judy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Niro
saw the Ranger in Cactus Gray last month…..you have to use your imagination to see the drop of green. I wanted more!
I do KNOW cactus is green! I was referring ti the tiny tad of it in the gray!
Sponsored