First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Fiesta Sedan SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FYI- I was contacted by my dealer on Feb 2 regarding a new update from Ford about the current "constrained commodities".
My Maverick (ordered late Oct) is pretty straighforward:
* XLT, Lux Pkg, AWD, EB2.0, full-size spare, upgraded 17-in wheels.

Dealer said that the item holding-up scheduling of mine is the Full-Size Spare, asked if I wanted to delete it.
Hell YES, I told him.
I can't remember the last time I actually needed to change a tire, LOL.

Check with your dealer, he should have gotten the same corporate update regarding "problematic" commodities.
Thanks for the heads up! I wasn't aware that the full size spare was an issue.
Sponsored

GaryHoosier

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Maverick 2.0L XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the heads up! I wasn't aware that the full size spare was an issue.
When you think about it, it actually makes sense.
Tires in general are in short supply these days. So, every Maverick that goes out the door with a full-size spare means that another new one will only have three wheels, lol.
Ford needs every tire they can get their hands on.

Dealer also informed me that, for all unbuilt 'XLT-with-LuxGroup' orders, the Spray-in bedliner would be replaced by a Drop-in. I can live with that, but would just as soon get NO liner out of the factory. There are plenty of aftermarket options available. 'Same with tonneau covers.

I recently had to put a set of new tires on my 2010 Escape...wanted only Michelins. My choices were slim. But I did get a set. From my Ford dealer...$200 rebate credit on Ford parts and services.

Guezwho

First Name
John D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Lux, AWD, 4K tow, Sunroof
Avon, IN here, Area 51, XLT Lux, 4K tow, sunroof AWD. Got one on order 10/18 (Lariat Lux)from Chapman Ford of Philadelphia, however jumped the gun/impatient and got one at MSRP via Community Ford of Bloomington. I'm not sure my original order will get filled this year.

jicajust

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where are all my Hoosiers at? Get in here and let's know who and what you're about.

I'm Alex and I live in Fort Wayne. Got a cactus grey XLT hybrid ordered up. With the XLT luxury package, manual rear sliding window, and Ford Co-Pilot as the options I took.

Coming from a driving a Toyota Prius for the past 8 years or so. So I'm familiar with driving a Hybrid. This will be my first truck to speak of and I couldn't be more excited. Feel like the Maverick was made specifically for me. Checks nearly all my boxes.

So let us know who you are! Don't let Ohio have more representation than us, no one likes them. 🤪
Westfield here. Got my XLT hybrid Area 51 1/3/22. Love it. Added tonneau, bed mat, and floor mats. Funny, I haven’t seen another Maverick around here.

Sponsored

Guezwho

First Name
John D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Lux, AWD, 4K tow, Sunroof
Westfield here. Got my XLT hybrid Area 51 1/3/22. Love it. Added tonneau, bed mat, and floor mats. Funny, I haven’t seen another Maverick around here.
Greetings from Avon!

Taildragger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Martt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick AWD, Jeep Deserthawk
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm in Warsaw... last Saturday I picked up this AWD XLT with 4K tow, luxury package, and spray in liner (plus a couple other small options) - and I love it!

Ford Maverick Hoosiers Roll Call Maverick 1.30.22

I found it in early December via Ford inventory search. I actually found about 10 I liked the build on, so I printed the sticker for each of them and put them in order of preference. This was number 1 on the list, and the only one I had to call about as it was available.

It was ordered by a dealer in the Grand Rapids Michigan area but definitely not on the lot yet. I worked out a deal in Mid December and put down a deposit... it arrived at the dealer around January 26th, and I picked it up on January 29th. It was built sometime in December.

I have a couple very minor gripes, but in almost all ways, the Maverick exceeds my expectations, and I believe it'll prove to be my most favorite vehicle ever, all things considered.

GaryHoosier

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm in Warsaw... last Saturday I picked up this AWD XLT with 4K tow, luxury package, and spray in liner (plus a couple other small options) - and I love it!

Maverick 1.30.22.jpg

I found it in early December via Ford inventory search. I actually found about 10 I liked the build on, so I printed the sticker for each of them and put them in order of preference. This was number 1 on the list, and the only one I had to call about as it was available.

It was ordered by a dealer in the Grand Rapids Michigan area but definitely not on the lot yet. I worked out a deal in Mid December and put down a deposit... it arrived at the dealer around January 26th, and I picked it up on January 29th. It was built sometime in December.

I have a couple very minor gripes, but in almost all ways, the Maverick exceeds my expectations, and I believe it'll prove to be my most favorite vehicle ever, all things considered.
Nice kit, lucky YOU!
Very close to what I have on order except for color. I went back and forth on color maybe six times. Finally got so frustrated (with myself, lol) that I just went with the White to end my torment.
So, what are the minor gripes?

Taildragger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Martt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice kit, lucky YOU!
Very close to what I have on order except for color. I went back and forth on color maybe six times. Finally got so frustrated (with myself, lol) that I just went with the White to end my torment.
So, what are the minor gripes?
I really wanted an olive drab military green, but that wasn't an option!

You'll be very happy with your trucklette once you get it.

Gripes:

1) I don't like the auto start/stop feature... and while I'm glad there's a switch on in the center console to shut it off, you have to hit the switch every time you start the truck with the key. That switch should be designed to shut it off until you choose to turn it back on.

2) also at the keyed start up, the center display shows which seats have had belts buckled, and you have to hit 'ok' on the steering wheel to clear that announcement and return the display to whatever driver info you have selected. I'm hoping there's a way to disable that function, but I don't think there is.

3) Since I did not want, and don't have the Copilot 360 option, my side mirrors have the small inset 'blindspot' mirrors. I had a 2014 Escape with those, and for the way I drive, I hate them! I have always leaned forward and used all the available mirror area to scan the blindspot, so these little mirrors are actually in my way. I'm making a trade with another Mav owner who wants my mirrors, so I'll soon have ones like I want... tho to make it happen, I'll lose the heated mirror feature. From what I can tell, the don't make the plain mirror in an unheated version. No worries, I just want those little inset mirrors gone.

In all the ways that really matter, the Maverick is an absolute Grand Slam.

GaryHoosier

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

You'll be very happy with your trucklette once you get it.

Gripes:

1) I don't like the auto start/stop feature... and while I'm glad there's a switch on in the center console to shut it off, you have to hit the switch every time you start the truck with the key. That switch should be designed to shut it off until you choose to turn it back on.

2) also at the keyed start up, the center display shows which seats have had belts buckled, and you have to hit 'ok' on the steering wheel to clear that announcement and return the display to whatever driver info you have selected. I'm hoping there's a way to disable that function, but I don't think there is.

3) Since I did not want, and don't have the Copilot 360 option, my side mirrors have the small inset 'blindspot' mirrors. I had a 2014 Escape with those, and for the way I drive, I hate them! I have always leaned forward and used all the available mirror area to scan the blindspot, so these little mirrors are actually in my way. I'm making a trade with another Mav owner who wants my mirrors, so I'll soon have ones like I want... tho to make it happen, I'll lose the heated mirror feature. From what I can tell, the don't make the plain mirror in an unheated version. No worries, I just want those little inset mirrors gone.

In all the ways that really matter, the Maverick is an absolute Grand Slam.
First thing I'm gonna do is hook-up one of those "Stop/Start" disablers.
Another egghead idea courtesy of your federal gov't.

Sponsored

Taildragger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Martt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First thing I'm gonna do is hook-up one of those "Stop/Start" disablers.
Another egghead idea courtesy of your federal gov't.
I did learn today that if you just wait about 10 seconds after you put it in gear, the display will clear the buckled seatbelts map, so that's a good thing.

Taildragger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Martt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Today my wife and I traveled from Warsaw down to Noblesville, then into Indy, back up thru Kokomo and finally back home to Warsaw. My first week with the Maverick ends with just over 600 miles on the odometer... and we declare the Mav is a very nice traveling machine.

I've still only seen one Maverick in the wild, and that was months ago down in Noblesville. Just seems interesting that there are so few to be seen, but of course that'll change a lot before long.

Ford Maverick Hoosiers Roll Call 2.5.22 Kokomo

We stopped at Culver's in Kokomo on the way home.

MattCFII

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 5
Avon, IN here, Area 51, XLT Lux, 4K tow, sunroof AWD. Got one on order 10/18 (Lariat Lux)from Chapman Ford of Philadelphia, however jumped the gun/impatient and got one at MSRP via Community Ford of Bloomington. I'm not sure my original order will get filled this year.
I'll be looking for you in my Area 51 as well. I drove through Avon everyday and have a part job there too.
Agreed, a color close to ODG would have been great. Cactus Grey is kinda close to military foilage grey and almost went for it. Not sure if it's your Cub in your avatar or just one you get to fly, but I wonder how the classic Piper Yellow looks next to the Cactus Grey.

Taildragger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Martt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll be looking for you in my Area 51 as well. I drove through Avon everyday and have a part job there too.
Agreed, a color close to ODG would have been great. Cactus Grey is kinda close to military foilage grey and almost went for it. Not sure if it's your Cub in your avatar or just one you get to fly, but I wonder how the classic Piper Yellow looks next to the Cactus Grey.
It's actually a homebuilt Baby Ace painted like a Cub, and it is mine, but I didn't build it. I might go flying here in a bit today... If I do, I'll get a pic with the Cactus Gray : )

MattCFII

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 5
It's actually a homebuilt Baby Ace painted like a Cub, and it is mine, but I didn't build it. I might go flying here in a bit today... If I do, I'll get a pic with the Cactus Gray : )
I see it now, open cockpit, different cowling, etc. but looks like a fun machine! I'm stuck on the ground today but it would be a great day to fly and good lighting for the picture with the Maverick!
Sponsored