First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco Sport OB ‘24 Mav Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I searched the forum and was unable to find any threads about this. So here goes. Has anyone tracked your gas mileage before adding a hood deflector vs after adding one? If so, what was the result and what was the specific hood reflector you installed?
Sponsored

RDRahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sorry no help here. I added weathertech hood protector that sits directly on the hood within a week of receiving my Mav. I suspect since it is closely fit to hood there is negligible if any difference in MPG.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had one on every truck for the past 4 trucks. No noticeable difference. If it exists, it's in the decimals. I've also had flush ones and the traditional style ones (currently on the Maverick). I will say I think the traditional style ones work A LOT better for bugs, but it's subjective to your location etc etc. Montana is pretty bad with the wind between mountains and bugs. I'd say it help a small percentage with the bugs, but the majority of it is to deflect small debris. Flush ones more for paint chips from small debris as well, and that little hump on the flush ones... I found it to be totally pointless on my previous truck, but again... better than nothing? Subjective.

Tried em all. The "old school" ones are my favorite. No noticeable difference in MPG.
Sponsored