First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Saw this on YouTube, looks like an interesting idea for someone like myself who might pick up long boards/PVC from the store once or twice a year. Would definitely save money over a manufactured metal rack. I don't have my Maverick yet so not sure how to set it to the truck without the old school post holes the creator's old Ranger has. I assume using the FLEXbed slots and some ratchet straps should work.
Sponsored

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Saw this on YouTube, looks like an interesting idea for someone like myself who might pick up long boards/PVC from the store once or twice a year. Would definitely save money over a manufactured metal rack. I don't have my Maverick yet so not sure how to set it to the truck without the old school post holes the creator's old Ranger has. I assume using the FLEXbed slots and some ratchet straps should work.
I like it. I did a home built rack for my Ranger that had a canopy on it. I want a canopy on my Maverick, but would like a rack as well. I've been toying with how to attach a rack with canopy. Making a metal bracket might work. Maybe someone makes something like this. Or I'll weld something up myself.

Ford Maverick Homemade 2x4 Wood Truck Rack (YouTube) IMG_3338

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This is what we do till the aftermarket gets through 2 more phases. 1st flooding market with accessories, and second and most importantly bringing prices to an affordable level. No one has to spend $1500 on a rack because it has a rotopack mount and a sticker alluding to being tested on the west coast.
Sponsored