Sponsored

Here's a Thought . . . Portable Car Play Screen.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wanted a better navigation option for my 2007 Ford E450 motor home other than using my iPhone's screen and happened to come across an article on how to DIY a car play screen. Fine and dandy, but little did I know that you can skip all that and just order a portable car play screen from Amazon and plug and play. Got a 7" for under $70, but for those who are unhappy with the screen size on the Maverick, there are larger sizes and would most likely fit over the existing screen plus the cubby. Very satisfied with my purchase; crisp graphics, fast response, and will even do screen mirroring from your phone. Most of these devices will also do Androids. So, if you are a bit unhappy with the Maverick's built-in screen, this might be the answer.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We need pictures man! The downside is losing the steering wheel controls with that new screen, right?
Apologies if I was unclear. I didn’t get the new screen to install on the Maverick. The screen is for my E450 motor home. I didn’t experiment with how it might look and fit on the Maverick because frankly, I’m not unhappy enough with Ford’s screen to replace it. Like I said, I needed one for my motorhome and it occurred to me that other Maverick owners might find this useful.

Dynawide

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Cadillac ATS, 2011 Mustang, 2019 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just picked one up the other day for 2011 Mustang as I like using Google maps but with my phone its too small at times. I chopped up a phone mount and fabbed a mount that hangs off the AC duct, would like it lower and will continue to look for something I can either bolt right in or will modify. Anyways it works great. As it is right now it's about 2" higher than I want. Plugs into a 12 volt port & then it uses Bluetooth to pair the phone or you can you use your USB as well.

Ford Maverick Here's a Thought . . . Portable Car Play Screen. IMG_2412

Ford Maverick Here's a Thought . . . Portable Car Play Screen. IMG_2413

Ford Maverick Here's a Thought . . . Portable Car Play Screen. IMG_2414

Ford Maverick Here's a Thought . . . Portable Car Play Screen. IMG_2415

Ford Maverick Here's a Thought . . . Portable Car Play Screen. IMG_2416

Ford Maverick Here's a Thought . . . Portable Car Play Screen. IMG_2417

Ford Maverick Here's a Thought . . . Portable Car Play Screen. IMG_2419

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just picked one up the other day for 2011 Mustang as I like using Google maps but with my phone its too small at times. I chopped up a phone mount and fabbed a mount that hangs off the AC duct, would like it lower and will continue to look for something I can either bolt right in or will modify. Anyways it works great. As it is right now it's about 2" higher than I want. Plugs into a 12 volt port & then it uses Bluetooth to pair the phone or you can you use your USB as well.

IMG_2412.jpg

IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_2414.jpg

IMG_2415.jpg

IMG_2416.jpg

IMG_2417.jpg

IMG_2419.jpg
Good of you to include photos. Something I neglected to do.
Sponsored