Sponsored

Having problems installing running boards with s bolts?

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just had a bedliner sprayed in and the they asked me if I was interested in any other products .I said ,"Yes running boards .''The tech said they install running boards but not on the Maverick because it is Unibody construction and there are no solid attachment points so after a while of use ,they would rip out. I trust them .Why would they turn down a profitable sale?
so then what about all your tahoes and like sized suvs that all have running boards? Unibodies arent made out of paper. manufacturers consider these things. If there was nothing to bolt to then none of us could have a trailer hitch lol but hey, if you don’t need them, not a huge deal to play it safe.
Sponsored

SteveG

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I checked out Nunyabiznus' suggestion for alternatives to using a "S" bolt. I contacted the web site and asked for the dimensions of the head of the bolt to see if it would fit through the pre-existing hole of the truck. It looks like it should. The head is 23/32 of an inch long and 5/16 of an inch wide and 7/32 of an inch at the thickest point. Here is a link to the site with all of the product's dimensions.

3299 | 5/16-18 x 1.500" Drop-In T-Slot Stud (8020.net)

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The64 said:
Does anyone know if the running boards are compatible with the hybrid? They are only listed for the eb.

What a waste of money the truck is low so I don't get why you want to throw away your money!
There's many more extras available for your truck that have purpose 🤔
When you have a mother-in-law who is closer to 80 than she is to 70, it helps keep peace in the family.

joeybrazinski

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
These might work
Saved for later (1 item)
71hunTJj1+L._AC_AA100_.jpg

80/20 Inc, 3303, 15 Series, Bolt Assembly: Drop-in T-Slot Stud with Hex Nut 1.5" (5 Pack)80/20 Inc, 3303, 15 Series, Bolt Assembly: Drop-in T-Slot Stud wit…
    • $10.45$10.45
  • In Stock
  • Shipped from: 80/20 LLC
From what I understood, you purchased and tried this. Did this work?
Sponsored