TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
[FONT=arial]Wizziard[/FONT] I have been delayed on the project. Finally have gotten back to it. I have a question how did yo remove the battery housing to get access. Ive taken a look at mine and cant see how to do it without breaking

the box. Any advice.

This video is for a trailer wiring harness install but it shows how to take the tay out. This starts at time 3:50. At 4:35 he says that you have to "wiggle it around a bit" to remove one of the panels. Notice he cuts the video and starts it again as he pulls the panel out. I found removing this panel to be a bit of a challenge Probably why he cut the video. I wiggled it around until I had the least amount of interference and then pulled it out with brute force.
Sponsored

TimeOutside

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is information on my inverter installation and results. My vehicle is a MY24 Lariat with remote start and lux' package, but I suspect XL and XLT vehicles will work similarly.

Parts:
Usage Notes:
  • Turn on vehicle into ready state (foot on break when starting)
    • Turn off lights
    • Turn off air conditioning or heater
    • Turn off heated seats and/or steering wheel
    • Turn off any other powered accessories as able
    • Open vehicle menu
    • Go to Settings
    • Go to Vehicle
    • Uncheck "30 min. max idle"
      • Keys must be left in vehicle or this will automatically cancel in about 20 minutes and vehicle will shut off
      • I tested a 1750 watt load for about an hour and and a no load for about a half hour, so I expect this inverter setup will work until the vehicle runs out of gas
  • With an approximate 1750 watt continuous load
    • The internal combustion engine (ICE) will cycle through approximately 3 minutes running and 3 minutes off
    • Running this cycle for over an hour, the inverter got only slightly warm
  • With no load except for the inverter idle power consumption
    • The ICE will cycle through approximately 3 minutes running and 20 minutes off
  • I tried some lesser loads, like 2 incandescent bulbs and a blow dryer on low
    • The cycle was about 3 minutes with the ICE running and 12 minutes off
  • I didn't use the cables that came with the inverter
    • I used this wiring size calculator to determine my cable requirements
    • You'll note in the image that my cables are much longer than needed to sit the inverter on the seat or floor, so I'll be shortening them a foot or two soon
My expected uses for this setup is to supply occasional power to appliances during an extended power outage, to supply power for my wood working tools (lathe, drill, grinder, etc.) when doing demos and craft shows where AC power is not available, and possibly when car camping. Thus, I didn't want to make a permanent installation of the inverter behind or under the seat. Having it sit on top the back seat or on the floor is fine. I'll store the inverter, with the cables and quick-connect attached) in the closet until I need it.

Ford Maverick Have you added a 120 Volt Socket to Your Mav Cubby Inverter Installation (sm)

Last edited:

Mav4us

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nolan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
[FONT=arial]Wizziard[/FONT] I have been delayed on the project. Finally have gotten back to it. I have a question how did yo remove the battery housing to get access. Ive taken a look at mine and cant see how to do it without breaking

the box. Any advice.
Any updates on your build? You and the Wizziard have me both thinking about moving from what I did (portable power station) to the built-in

OP
OP
DavidLs

DavidLs

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger/23 and 24 Mave hybrids
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sorry for No Post. Thank you for the Idea on Kydex . I have copied that into my Modification. I have Added a way to simply unclamp the inverter and reclamp it(Using 300 amp Welding Leads/Lugs) and a 250 Amp Breaker that I can toggle it on and off The Inverter I use is large so I Taped and Leather Tabs the back seat where it does come in contact and Gorilla Taped the area where the fins of the inverter my come in contact with the back seat. Neighbors think I am nuts but they were the one who came in borrowing fuel and wood/Inverters back in 2021 when our Grid went flat for 7 days. enough of the rant . Since I only have 600 miles on the 24 Mav. So I am insanely trying to keep it simple and safe and not void the warranty. I will post Photos by the end of the week. Here on the farm Livestock and life keep me slowed down. I did notice almost every time ( Keys Off and out ) there seems to be voltage going to the inverter that's why I added the ability to clamp and unclamp the Negative.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DavidLs

DavidLs

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Here are The Pics. I did add a way to disconnect. The Welding Lugs make it simple to not use. For a Peace of mind. I do pay attention.

I was motivated buy a Youtube Video and Two other members who did install Permanent mounts for their inverters and a lot of caution doled out by other members. I used a Male and female welding Lugs 300 amps to connect and disconnect the Negative Wire on the Inverter. I Placed a 250 Amp Breaker as a switch on The Positive side. I did Drill a side hole through the battery bay to the battery Positive lug where I Wire #2 AWG CCA wire to that spare post on the battery connector, I did have to modify the Red Factory Battery cable cover so as to the wire could be inline Hench I used Red Kydex to mold a new cover It Looks cheesy but its a good fit. ( May heat it up again Later ) Permanent mount and Quick and easy connection was what I was after. So far It Has Ran a ½ HP well pump and Lights in The house. I am disconnecting it now and will test it every six months from now on. The winter outage of 2021 taught me Prep. I did notice in the hour of testing the Maverick gas engine never came on. I had the key in the on position but never in the hour did I hear the motor. Well I thought Deep sleep for sure. But that did not happen. Here are the Photos I hope they help. The Black Tape is Gorilla Tape. I just wanted to keep the Wire down.

Ford Maverick Have you added a 120 Volt Socket to Your Mav Cubby Screenshot at 2024-04-05 16-19-25

Ford Maverick Have you added a 120 Volt Socket to Your Mav Cubby Screenshot at 2024-04-05 16-20-23

Ford Maverick Have you added a 120 Volt Socket to Your Mav Cubby Screenshot at 2024-04-05 16-21-10

Ford Maverick Have you added a 120 Volt Socket to Your Mav Cubby Screenshot at 2024-04-05 16-21-50

Ford Maverick Have you added a 120 Volt Socket to Your Mav Cubby Screenshot at 2024-04-05 16-22-25

Ford Maverick Have you added a 120 Volt Socket to Your Mav Cubby Screenshot at 2024-04-05 16-27-03

Last edited:
OP
OP
DavidLs

DavidLs

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There are the Pics
Any updates on your build? You and the Wizziard have me both thinking about moving from what I did (portable power station) to the built-in
Sponsored