First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Wrangler had a device that installed after the security module that allowed user to select several options already programmed such as tire size, gera changes, backup camera coming on with turn signal so you could see blind spots, light programming to use all lights to be more visible when emergency flashers were on, and more. My VW had an OBD programmer to make many changes to programming where many werealready preprogrammed and you just paid a couple of dollars to load them so you aren't messing with adding specific code changes.
Anything like that for the Maverick yet that eliminates guessing how to program the Forscan?
Sponsored

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Leave it to FORD to use ABS as an acronym for something other than the ABS braking everyone knows.

Hey, could be worse - GM uses DIC - Driver Information Center. Hilarious seeing all the DIC posts and people wanting more from theirs...

I have a bluetooth adapter on the way just so I can disable the double honk thing. I had it in an Escape Hybrid and wasn't expecting it to carry over to the EB Mav. I've had one of those Blu-Driver OBDII readers for a long time, just never invested in something to utilize like FORScan before. Seems like a pretty straight forward process, and I have no need for adding/removing driving modes. I just use normal.

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Man you guys are hardcore when it comes to this re/programming. My hats off to you for your patience and determination. 🍻

dldjtad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
760–04–03 on my 2023 Ford XL hybrid reads 0000 0000 6BD9

dldjtad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok! Got it fired up and poked around a bit. My first goal is to enable sport mode on my FX4 (and hopefully figure out the settings for enabling/disabling all modes on any trim). There's a bit different structure for drive modes from the F150 and from the new Bronco, and I haven't found anyone on the 2020 Escape or Bronco Sport forums that's figured it out for theirs.

Could anyone with a non-FX4 maverick post their VIN? With that we can read the original as-built settings using the ford service website. Alternatively you can go to https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt/, put in your VIN, and tell me what it tells you for line 760-04-03.

Thanks!

Edit: I am dumb, there's a list of VINs like 4 posts up. Looks like FX4 is 0000 0001 E150 and non-FX4 is 0000 0000 6BD9.

On the F150/Super Duty one of the first values is used to set which configuration of drive modes that vehicle has. However, on the new Bronco fullsize, it looks like each mode can be toggled on and off individually. (https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2021-bronco-forscan-thread.844/page-15#post-963234)

It seems like there's a 0 for both FX4 and non-FX4 in the first block so likely we are just looking at the last couple characters on the Maverick.
760–04–03 on my 2023 Ford XL hybrid reads 0000 0000 6BD9
Sponsored