Sponsored

Has anyone gotten a new MY23 entered by Ford after your cancelled scheduled MY22 with VIN?

Bigbill27

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just wanting to know if anyone has heard from their dealer that Ford has entered a new MY23 order into the system to replace their MY22 that was scheduled with a VIN number.
Sponsored

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just wanting to know if anyone has heard from their dealer that Ford has entered a new MY23 order into the system to replace their MY22 that was scheduled with a VIN number.
Mis-read so editing.......

..but here's the schedule. First step will be to find a cancelled 22 with VIN /new 2023 order has been entered into the orders as a Priority 99...that will be the FIRST indicator that something is happening. Tim says that will be done by end of day on 11/14.

THEN we reorder,
THEN dealer drops priority to 10-19,
THEN Ford re-prioritizes it to a "2",
THEN it gets chosen for production,
THEN it gets assigned a new VIN.

OP
OP
Bigbill27

Bigbill27

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am under the impression that Ford will not contact us. Is this something we will not be able to look up, and/or is the dealer our only source for this information?

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am under the impression that Ford will not contact us. Is this something we will not be able to look up, and/or is the dealer our only source for this information?
YES. That's what Tim reported. We are at the mercy of our dealers telling us to come in and verify the new 2023 order that Ford creates. No emails will come from Ford.

I think this is a less than brilliant idea on Ford's part. Tim said it was because SOME dealers didn't put in customers' email addresses, so instead of sending an email to those of us who made sure Ford had our emails, they put the whole notification process onto the dealers. Good luck with that.

Sponsored

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I suggest everyone start bugging their dealer after 11/14.
All the dealer needs to do is ignore this instruction, drop the priority code on their own, and they could get an order that the original buyer doesn't want because of the changes Ford makes in the transition. Another Ford Faux Pas to not require the dealer submit re-verification from the original orderer. Then the dealer could end up with it becoming dealer stock to jack up with $10k ADM.

I want to add the BAP to my order and a couple of other changes, but if it didn't get modified like I want, I'd still take the truck when it arrives, just to spite the dealer. I think my dealer will be ok, because I'll be there Tuesday AM to adjust and reorder.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There's a separate video Tim put out on Wednesday regarding the transfer. He said they should have them transferred over the weekend so we can start reaching out next week to the dealer to make changes if they don't first...which I know mine won't.

GonnaGetItOneDay

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento (sold in September)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I don't hear anything from my dealer by the end of day Monday, I will for sure be bugging them.

I got in an argument with, first my salesman, then the sales manager about my order being cancelled then reordered by Ford. Both of them were pretty confident that my 22 was going to be built. When I asked them when it would be built they just read off the dates that they see attached to my order which now is listed as Jan 30th... 😒

When I kept telling the sales manager that Ford sent out a memo to the dealerships, at one point he tried to pull the whole "well you know, there is so much misinformation on those forums"... at that point I was getting pretty irritated and firmly told him, "no, this was an OFFICIAL MEMO from FORD TO DEALERS" and offered to send him the memo. I could tell he was done with my "nonsense" and told me, sure you can email me the memo, and we hung up.

Not 2 minutes later he called me back to tell me that he found the memo and apologized for doubting me, giving me some BS about why they didn't see the memo.

I asked if they would contact me when my 23 order landed with them so we could quickly bring it down from a 99 to a 10 so Ford could bring it down to a 02 so it can get scheduled ASAP. (he read that part of the memo after I asked the question, further showing that I know what I'm talking about)

The conversation was back to being civil. The sales manager assured me it would all be taken care of and now hopefully I'm on their radar as someone that they can't BS. I've been happy with them up until this hiccup, and feel confident that the end experience will be good and I will get my truck without any issue or dealer BS that we all hear about, but at this point I have no problem babysitting them and making sure everything is done as quick as possible.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I don't hear anything from my dealer by the end of day Monday, I will for sure be bugging them.

The conversation was back to being civil. The sales manager assured me it would all be taken care of and now hopefully I'm on their radar as someone that they can't BS. I've been happy with them up until this hiccup, and feel confident that the end experience will be good and I will get my truck without any issue or dealer BS that we all hear about, but at this point I have no problem babysitting them and making sure everything is done as quick as possible.
I'm in the situation that my salesman is long gone from the dealership (my grandson in law), as he only worked there briefly and I made my order. So the long-time salesman (who didn't get my order) is now handling the order. He seems to give off a bit of the "I don't care" attitude towards this order, which is their ONLY cancelling order. VERY small dealership...sold a total of 6 2022 Mavericks and 0 2023s. I'll be seeing him Tuesday AM if he hasn't called me.

Pikey87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford chat still absolutely insists that my 22 is being built January 9th 🥴 I can't get over the sheer incompetence ford has displayed over the past 15 months.

Sponsored

Vince30

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Ford Maverick and some motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I wonder if the vehicle tracker will stop working for our vin as soon as the changes are made, or if that'll stay up for a while.

Saul T Knutz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Crown Victoria
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I got in an argument with, first my salesman, then the sales manager about my order being cancelled then reordered by Ford. Both of them were pretty confident that my 22 was going to be built. When I asked them when it would be built they just read off the dates that they see attached to my order which now is listed as Jan 30th... 😒

When I kept telling the sales manager that Ford sent out a memo to the dealerships, at one point he tried to pull the whole "well you know, there is so much misinformation on those forums"... at that point I was getting pretty irritated and firmly told him, "no, this was an OFFICIAL MEMO from FORD TO DEALERS" and offered to send him the memo. I could tell he was done with my "nonsense" and told me, sure you can email me the memo, and we hung up.

Not 2 minutes later he called me back to tell me that he found the memo and apologized for doubting me, giving me some BS about why they didn't see the memo.

I asked if they would contact me when my 23 order landed with them so we could quickly bring it down from a 99 to a 10 so Ford could bring it down to a 02 so it can get scheduled ASAP. (he read that part of the memo after I asked the question, further showing that I know what I'm talking about)

In one of Tim's recent videos, he shows dealers how they can make sure they get every message from Ford Corporate so they can be up to date with the forever changing information. If I were you, I'd find that video with the procedure, buy a dozen doughnuts and some coffee, then head down to the dealership and watch that part of the video in the presence of the sales manager and your salesperson. I can't for the life of me figure out why dealers don't wanna be informed of what's going on so they can make their customers happy and perhaps garner more sales in the future

2023maverickhopeful

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In one of Tim's recent videos, he shows dealers how they can make sure they get every message from Ford Corporate so they can be up to date with the forever changing information. If I were you, I'd find that video with the procedure, buy a dozen doughnuts and some coffee, then head down to the dealership and watch that part of the video in the presence of the sales manager and your salesperson. I can't for the life of me figure out why dealers don't wanna be informed of what's going on so they can make their customers happy and perhaps garner more sales in the future
Check their spam folder?

res0991

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's a separate video Tim put out on Wednesday regarding the transfer. He said they should have them transferred over the weekend so we can start reaching out next week to the dealer to make changes if they don't first...which I know mine won't.

@skadizzle Let me know if you get in touch with the Mullinax jabronis next week, please! 🤣🙏🏻
Sponsored