George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wanna-be Maverick owner.

I went to the local Ford lot to look at a Bronco and they had a new Maverick sitting there.

I love Aussie utes and have been waiting for a FWD pickup with 4 doors. Now it is here.

I need 4 doors (dogs) and flat towable behind a motorhome, so a Maverick fits the bill.

I sold my F150 to Carmax yesterday for more than I paid for it 16 months ago, so I am down a vehicle.

We plan on going down tomorrow and putting in an order. I'm not sure what trim level and options we want. Generally, I do not want the high end packages, Ford has always required a bunch of extra garbage to get the one or two things you really want. Copilot 360, spray in bed liner and tow hitch are the only things I really want from the factory. The moonroof would be nice and the $795 price tag is very reasonable.

If we end up specking a Maverick out and it hits 30k, I am going to buy the Bronco instead.

Bronco resale in 5 years will be 2-3x the Maverick resale.

Unrelated, my old Maverick in Fort Collins CO around 1979.

Ford Maverick Greetings 71Maverick
Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Few needs there. I believe the only flat towable Maverick is the Hybrid.
If you order today, it will be way into 2022 before you see it. As for options, that's a personal thing. I wanted certain options and had to go Lariat Luxury Package to get them.

The big deal will be the price. There are a lot of dealers wanting MSRP+. There are a lot of dealers charging crazy high dealer fees. So although you only place an order, get it in writing NOW so they don't try to scam you when it arrives.

If you're going to order, better get it done NOW. Go online and build it. If you already know the dealer you want, send the order to them via the Ford site and they should call you to get it finished.

I'm in Florida and I've heard there are some dealers in your state that are scamming buyers. So beware and know what your going to pay.

Apologize, forgot to say, the Maverick looks GREAT. Bet you wish you still had it.

OP
OP
BMCGC

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice Mav, but I had the Grabber hood!

I had a 75, same color.

OP
OP
BMCGC

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We are ordering in the morning.

I think we have decided on:

XL, 2.5, Cactus Gray, Copilot 360, bedliner, sliding window, hitch, hinge lock, floor liners, moonroof, keypad, security. $24,058

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury