First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This so hits the spot. Just yesterday I was dealing with a salesman in central NC about a new vehicle I won't name here. I'm a car guy for 50 years now, and I've met the whole spectrum of salesmen. This guy was right out of sleazebag central...

"I'm sitting in it in our service center right now. Just prepped".
"Can you come in and take it home tonight".
- No, I live two hours away, and I'm a very busy software engineer
"Somebody else might grab it"
- I'm OK with that, they'll build more
"By the way, we already put our tint and protection package on it - that's another $1,500".
- I have early cataracts and tint is the last thing I need
"We'll remove it, but we added it already and you still need to pay".
- salesman then offers me $2,000 below the written Carvana offer for my trade and explains he's being generous
- I ask, "can you send me a draft contract showing me the bottom line".
- salesman instantly ghosts me

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Meanwhile, thousands of people working at car dealerships, greasy liars or not, suddenly find themselves without jobs due to the new business model. Those people are now unable to afford cars...

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 MGTD, 1953 F100, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I feel bad for joe average at the dealership, but the dealers brought this on them selves. They didn’t learn a thing from the Saturns…..Should have at least read some of the writing on the wall!

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
Meanwhile, thousands of people working at car dealerships, greasy liars or not, suddenly find themselves without jobs due to the new business model. Those people are now unable to afford cars...
Seems like a lot of places need workers around here, or maybe they can go to Mexico and work the line.

Sponsored

Mag Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This one was sent to me about 4 months ago from member Delzona 😎🖒
Ford Maverick Good comic! Meme 83

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Having a sales background... I want to say, not all sales folks are sleazy. For large ticket purchases.... homes, cars or even appliances, a lot of time people want help making their choice. They want someone that can answer their questions and a lot of times they want something they can walk through, sit in or just actually put their hands on something similar to what they are buying. If I am buying a car I want to be able to look at different models. I might have something in mind that, once I see it, is not really what I had hoped it would be. As far as ordering a EV directly from FORD sight unseen... I would for darn sure want to see one and drive one in person first.

Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Having a sales background... I want to say, not all sales folks are sleazy. For large ticket purchases.... homes, cars or even appliances, a lot of time people want help making their choice. They want someone that can answer their questions and a lot of times they want something they can walk through, sit in or just actually put their hands on something similar to what they are buying. If I am buying a car I want to be able to look at different models. I might have something in mind that, once I see it, is not really what I had hoped it would be. As far as ordering a EV directly from FORD sight unseen... I would for darn sure want to see one and drive one in person first.
You pretty much described the opposite process of ordering a Maverick. Most sales people can't tell you much about the Mav and some flat out don't even know it exists. There's none on the lots to sit in or test drive. Yet here we are with thousands of people placing orders, it seems like a none issue. I give props to the good sales people such as Tim and the few others on here, but lets be honest the best resource for info is online. If I'm making big purchase like this, I want do my own research to ensure I'm well informed first and not getting dragged through mud so they can make a sale. I appreciate the sales people that know their products and are honest, but that seems to be a rarity these days sadly.

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You pretty much described the opposite process of ordering a Maverick. Most sales people can't tell you much about the Mav and some flat out don't even know it exists. There's none on the lots to sit in or test drive. Yet here we are with thousands of people placing orders, it seems like a none issue. I give props to the good sales people such as Tim and the few others on here, but lets be honest the best resource for info is online. If I'm making big purchase like this, I want do my own research to ensure I'm well informed first and not getting dragged through mud so they can make a sale. I appreciate the sales people that know their products and are honest, but that seems to be a rarity these days sadly.
I agree, product knowledge is becoming a lost art. I really expect a salesperson to have at least a basic working knowledge of what they sell. They don't have to be an expert, I find the nerdy details online easily enough. When I was looking, I went to several dealerships. I needed something sooner rather than later because someone totaled my current car. I was considering a Bronco Sport and stumbled on a dealership the had a Maverick waiting for someone to pick.. XL in Area 51. It got my attention and some things I likes, some I didn't. Still not a fan of the wheels. I could do more than just walk the outside of it. He said there was another in back being prepped to be picked up but no others available. He talked about ordering, but I was interested in waiting. We drove a couple Bronco Sports and driving back on the lot I saw the other Maverick being picked up. A Hot Pepper Red Lariat. I walked over and listened as they did the walk around with him. This was really nice.. a little more than I was looking for but very nice. I went to all the dealerships in the area looking. I saw a couple of showroom models but none available. I finally needed to make a move, I knew Bronco Sports were available and went to look at one last dealership before pulled the trigger. Low and behold, someone had just backed out on an Alto Blue XLT because they thought it was too dark. I took it on a test drive.. and I bought it. Love the truck..optioned with 90% of what I would have picked... love the color. The moral of this is.... I would not have ordered a Maverick because of the wait time and what really sold me was seeing it in person and getting some experience with it. I'm in central Texas and there are a lot of dealerships in the area. Very few have any Mavericks but they are around if you look hard enough.
Sponsored