Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Gator SFX TriFold Tonneau Cover installed on a Maverick. Feedback from the owner (Yanni B.)

Overall for the price I am happy. Seems to be made of high grade material, fit and finish is overall a 8/10. Install took maybe 10 minutes. Hardest part is getting it out of the box. I canceled my gator order for the hard trifold when the 4 weeks passed on my order.

Ford Maverick Gator SFX TriFold Tonneau Cover installed pics 2022 Maverick Gator SFX TriFold Tonneau Cover installed pics 3

Ford Maverick Gator SFX TriFold Tonneau Cover installed pics 2022 Maverick Gator SFX TriFold Tonneau Cover installed pics 2

Ford Maverick Gator SFX TriFold Tonneau Cover installed pics 2022 Maverick Gator SFX TriFold Tonneau Cover installed pics 1
Sponsored

ricurt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer & Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Their website is down. In fact every website that sells these I've tried is down??

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Leand60

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have one on order, shipping has been delayed twice....I will probably get my truck before I get this

1stTruck

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Hi,

did yours come with the slide block for the cargo rails? I can’t attach the third set of clamps because I don’t see that slide block in the box. I got some weather stripping but that was the only thing in the box other than the cover itself.

thanks!

Sponsored

SlingerRing

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

For anyone still wondering or have a hard time with it, I believe this is the proper way to secure the emergency straps on the cover. Everything worked just fine for me and has come together nice, tight, and square....but so many seem to be confused by this, I'm starting to self doubt. Call me crazy, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how I interpreted my set of instructions that came with the cover.

Ford Maverick Gator SFX TriFold Tonneau Cover installed pics 20220107_201902

Ford Maverick Gator SFX TriFold Tonneau Cover installed pics 20220107_201912

SlappaDaBass

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '21 Forrester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just installed mine. Those aren’t emergency straps from my understanding. Those are extra straps for if you have a bedrail system (like you do) you can install them that way vs the bedrail clamps.
I just installed mine and do not have the bedrail system so I removed these. I could be wrong though.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just installed mine. Those aren’t emergency straps from my understanding. Those are extra straps for if you have a bedrail system (like you do) you can install them that way vs the bedrail clamps.
I just installed mine and do not have the bedrail system so I removed these. I could be wrong though.
No those are Safety straps and you need hardware according to Gator to install them correctly but for the Maverick they told me they weren't needed even though in the instructions it showed how to connect them to a cargo rail and mentions the extra hardware. I was told after arguing with them for a couple of months to just send the hardwqre that was in the instructions and let me decide if I wanted the exrra security or not...they told me they spoke to their engineers that the instructions were generic and not required in the Maverick so they wouldn't supply them even though I explained that would save scratching the outside plastic rails

KimTexas

First Name
Berly Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid - 🌵 Grey

SlappaDaBass

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '21 Forrester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No those are Safety straps and you need hardware according to Gator to install them correctly but for the Maverick they told me they weren't needed even though in the instructions it showed how to connect them to a cargo rail and mentions the extra hardware. I was told after arguing with them for a couple of months to just send the hardwqre that was in the instructions and let me decide if I wanted the exrra security or not...they told me they spoke to their engineers that the instructions were generic and not required in the Maverick so they wouldn't supply them even though I explained that would save scratching the outside plastic rails
Yea they honestly don’t make sense if you don’t have any bed rail system. The twist downs are plenty secure.

Sponsored

ricurt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer & Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just got my cover. Did the plastic rail covers on the bed have to be cut for the covers clamps? They are longer than the metal bed side,. The cover instructions state to cut them if this is so. Not keen on doing this! Also was the stick on seal required on the Maverick? Have one on my F150 like it but it does leak.

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
ricurt

The plastic on the sides on my XLT with no spray in liner looked to be even with the metal so no cutting of the plastic was required. I also followed the instructions for 2 turns after contact for the hold downs in the front. I also put on the emergency tie down near the mounting hold downs. I have no problem using the emergency straps as there was plenty of room to mount them.

What was confusing was the roll of weather stripping with the adhesive backing. Before using it, I cleaned the area the adhesive strip would touch with alcohol first.

I looked at the front and saw that the seal was actually pressing against the back side and not on top of the front cross rail of the truck. I used the half the roll of weather stripping and placed it where the weather-stripping adhesive was sticking to the covers exposed black metal rails going across and underneath (or backside) of the front of the cover. I figured this would rest on top of the truck cross rail and still let the one installed rest against the back side too.

At the rear there was not much seal contact on top of tailgate. I used the rest of the weather stripping there. I attached the adhesive strip to the existing seal, so the thick part was toward the back. I tried it the other way and I could not close the tailgate without bumping the entire cover forward. I feel now there is a wider seal area on top of the tailgate. When I get caught in the rain, I guess I will know.

Since this is my first soft bed cover. the material felt pretty tightly stretched over it's frame. But at 70mph I was surprised and somewhat alarmed that it was sucked up a little and vibrating from the wind turbulences at that speed. My first thought was will it fly off. It didn't on this 60 mile trip. LOL.

Punk88

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone else’s flap like hell on the highway?
Sponsored