Sponsored

FX4 & 4K item duplication and lacking info?

Champ

Banned
Banned
First Name
ML
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Miatas, Z06, Outback
  • Banned
Any knowledge about why the equipment duplication Re: FX4 items and the 4K tow items. Does the FX4 already have a trans cooler? If you get both packages. which diff ratio do you get? Can you just get the 7 pin and the trans brake item DI? Really annoying not just giving a smaller item upgrade to tow 4k if you are already getting AWD + FX4 items and just want to tow 4K. what else is needed? Anyone ?
Sponsored

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Trans cooler, different gear ratio, and the trailer brake are specific to the 4K towing package only.

if you order 4K & fx4, I’ll assumeyou get the 4K towing gearing since it’s shorter than what comes with the fx4, and this works for both packages.

Reactions: JJC
OP
OP
Champ

Champ

Banned
Banned
First Name
ML
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Trans cooler, different gear ratio, and the trailer brake are specific to the 4K towing package only.

if you order 4K & fx4, I’ll assumeyou get the 4K towing gearing since it’s shorter than what comes with the fx4, and this works for both packages.
Thanks!
Do you know what the two gear ratios are? If you want to buy both packages, you are then paying for two " better" radiators and fans and the 2 hitchs and 4 pin connector upgraded to a 7 , but no credit for the duplication of the extras, if you have an FX4 ? Heavy duty vs higher capacity rad? Do you get a high cap. and it's also a heavy duty one? Or the same? Nonsensical info availability ?

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks!
Do you know what the two gear ratios are? If you want to buy both packages, you are then paying for two " better" radiators and fans and the 2 hitchs and 4 pin connector upgraded to a 7 , but no credit for the duplication of the extras, if you have an FX4 ? Heavy duty vs higher capacity rad? Do you get a high cap. and it's also a heavy duty one? Or the same? Nonsensical info availability ?
If you look around you can find the different final drive ratios listed but I don’t know them off hand. And if I remember correctly, the ownders manual Does list the capacity of the 4K package radiator as being bigger.

Pairof98s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 1500, 2020 4Runner

Agreed. There appears to be redundancy. I originally went with the FX4 only but later added the 4K just to be safe should I decide to overwork the 2K limit without it

Sponsored

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok I have a question I'm getting the 2.0L AWD with 4k towing. I do like to race people off the line sometimes up to the speed limit. What's the difference between the 4K towing package and the FX4 package for off the line performance. Thinking of adding FX4 package for the bigger instrument display and rims. Thanks.

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you look around you can find the different final drive ratios listed but I don’t know them off hand. And if I remember correctly, the ownders manual Does list the capacity of the 4K package radiator as being bigger.
Here are the axle ratio's.

Ford Maverick FX4  & 4K  item duplication and lacking info? 1632620630622

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok I have a question I'm getting the 2.0L AWD with 4k towing. I do like to race people off the line sometimes up to the speed limit. What's the difference between the 4K towing package and the FX4 package for off the line performance. Thinking of adding FX4 package for the bigger instrument display and rims. Thanks.
The shorter final drive of the 4K tow package should equate to snappier performance off the line.

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Technically, the numbers should be expressed as a ratio, such as 3.81:1, meaning the drive shaft turns 3.81 times for each turn of a wheel.

A lower (taller) gear ratio of 2.91 (Hybrid) will lead to less torque at the wheels but a higher top speed. Meanwhile, a higher ratio 3.81 (Tow Package) will result in the opposite; more torque at the wheels but a lower top speed. Taller gear means more top end speed but less acceleration, less wheelspin, better fuel economy, easier handling, and less noise.

A higher (shorter) gear ratio of 3.81 provides faster acceleration. A higher gear ratio provides more low-speed wheel torque, which means it takes less throttle to get the vehicle and the load it’s carrying or towing moving.

Regarding the FX4 package, you would need to have the 2.0L, but I believe the FX4 package comes with the 3.63 final drive ratio. It will be quicker than the hybrid but not as quick off the line as the Tow package equipped 3.81 drive.

Brian_J is correct, a higher (shorter) gear ratio provides faster acceleration, but less top end speed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Champ

Champ

Banned
Banned
First Name
ML
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you get the 4K tow with the FX4 AWD, it appears you will get the 3.81, and with the multiple overdrive gears in the 8 speed, doubtful you will ever be able to reach max RPM in 8th gear no matter which of those two . But you will reach the car's actual achievable top speed a little earlier.
Sponsored