Sponsored

Fuel Charge

Art_Vandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat, Subaru WRX
I've never seen a gas pump at the dealership. Every dealership I know uses a gas card for a local station. And I would be shocked if FoMoCo reimbursed them anything for fuel.
Some do gas cards but I assure you the manufacturer foots the bill. I learned this from a sales manager who has worked for several manufacturers. It’s why when I would take my BMW in for service it would always come back fully detailed inside and have a full tank of gas at no charge. Dealerships don’t eat costs just to be nice. If it costs them money they will pass it onto you. Just about anything they throw in for free is being reimbursed by the manufacturer.
Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Worked at Subaru store. Gas was included as part of destination and delivery per Subaru. Detail crew or the sales rep would fill the tank at the local station.

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have never paid for a full tank of gas on a new car. New I have always had it detailed (which is questionable at best, so I do a full detail when I get home) and fueled then staged for me once I was done with paperwork.

Spartan_J

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Chevy Spark
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some do gas cards but I assure you the manufacturer foots the bill. I learned this from a sales manager who has worked for several manufacturers. It’s why when I would take my BMW in for service it would always come back fully detailed inside and have a full tank of gas at no charge. Dealerships don’t eat costs just to be nice. If it costs them money they will pass it onto you. Just about anything they throw in for free is being reimbursed by the manufacturer.

Surprised but reasonable. I was charged $44.40 for fuel on my order confirmation.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered from Granger and was charged $53.28 (this amounts to $3.229 per gallon). I don't mind paying it since I getting my pickup for $2100 below MSRP and the extra fees are only $225. No way I could get this kind of a deal locally!!

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Fuel Charge is a cost that "Ford" adds to the DORA as an line item to cover the fuel cost - several members has said in these post that "No Customer" should pay for the fuel in a new vehicle - When the vehicle arrives, the dealer fills the tank and then submits the receipt to Ford and Ford (not the customer) reimburses the Dealer the actual fuel cost. Ford only indicates an estimate fuel cost on the DORA based on where the vehicle is shipped - fuel cost varies in every state.
Sponsored