vengo97

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone know what the fuel charge is for when ordering a Mav from Granger? $57.24 Is that for a full tank of gas I'm guessing?
Sponsored

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
Typically.

If a dealer lists it now, it is estimated.You should only pay actual cost at delivery, which could be less or more depending on gas price at delivery.

I’ve had them include the receipt with the documents that match.

I’ve also had dealerships include first full tank at no additional charge as a courtesy.

Wrench77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS, Ford Maverick pre ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Salem Ford charged me $44.40. Which I even though was high for a truck that runs cheap gas and holds under 14 gallons. Must be like paying for full serve I guess.

Art_Vandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat, Subaru WRX
No one should pay a single cent for a fuel charge. Ford reimburses the dealer for all gas expenses. That charge is 100% profit for the dealership. You just bought a vehicle for them, the least they can do is let you drive off the lot with a full tank especially when they don’t have to pay for it.

OP
OP

vengo97

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No one should pay a single cent for a fuel charge. Ford reimburses the dealer for all gas expenses. That charge is 100% profit for the dealership. You just bought a vehicle for them, the least they can do is let you drive off the lot with a full tank especially when they don’t have to pay for it.
I've never bought a new vehicle before, but it seems like Ford wouldn't want to ship a vehicle with a full fuel tank. Increased shipping weight, and a disaster waiting to happen if there was a train or semi mishap. I assumed they would have a couple gallons in them from the factory that were used for testing and moving around the line outside.

Sponsored

Art_Vandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat, Subaru WRX
I've never bought a new vehicle before, but it seems like Ford wouldn't want to ship a vehicle with a full fuel tank. Increased shipping weight, and a disaster waiting to happen if there was a train or semi mishap. I assumed they would have a couple gallons in them from the factory that were used for testing and moving around the line outside.
Correct and the dealership has a gas pump on site that Ford picks up the tab for. If they fill your tank for you before you leave they just submit the bill to Ford who reimbursed them for the expense. They can fill your tank effectively for free which is why no one should pay them for it.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've bought probably 8-10 new vehicles since my 1st, 1987 Ranger in 1987. ALL of them came with a full tank, PDI and wash/vacuum all done while I was finalizing the sale paperwork. No way anybody should be charging you to fill it up at time of sale. Lame.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I saw it on my invoice. If ask granger is charging me is two hundred bucks in fees and a tank of gas to give me $2k under msrp, I can accept that

OP
OP

vengo97

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Correct and the dealership has a gas pump on site that Ford picks up the tab for. If they fill your tank for you before you leave they just submit the bill to Ford who reimbursed them for the expense. They can fill your tank effectively for free which is why no one should pay them for it.
Interesting, I had no idea.

OP
OP

vengo97

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I saw it on my invoice. If ask granger is charging me is two hundred bucks in fees and a tank of gas to give me $2k under msrp, I can accept that
I was thinking this as well.

Sponsored

dceggert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2019 Ranger, 2024 Maverick ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's funny because that charge is on the order confirmation FROM FORD, not the dealer. They can charge me an $80 fee if they want...it's a $31k truck so live it up! Every tank full in my possession will be a huge savings for me 'to infinity and beyond!'

Okay, maybe that's the wine talking. But honestly, $44 fee on $31k is not a big deal to me.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Or just let you drive off with an almost empty tank like they do for test drives. Gas stations are everywhere.

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
Where I am in NY, dealerships typically do not have on site gas pumps. They typically have a gas card for one of the closest local stations. On test drives, I’ve been typically given gas card to put $10 or so in, especially if it came right off the truck. Just needed to bring the receipt and card back. Sounds weird, but never had an issue. I’ve asked them before why no on site pump, as I surmised, too many costly regulations, inspections and potential environmental issues with any on site storage and/or overflow containment. Leave that to the local station to deal with and burden.

Spartan_J

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Chevy Spark
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've never seen a gas pump at the dealership. Every dealership I know uses a gas card for a local station. And I would be shocked if FoMoCo reimbursed them anything for fuel.

DavidS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Kia Forte
In principle, I agree. I'm willing to pay a fuel fee if the dealership is saving me a lot of money. But the fuel fee should be reasonable for the amount of fuel. The Maverick has a 16.5 gallon tank. $80 puts it a little under $5 per gallon. $200 puts it at over $12 a gallon.
Sponsored