First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xl
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So have a lariat ordered. But I lucked into stumbling on to this xl, 2t, awd, 4ktow model. I called dealer and someone's order financing fell thru. She said you want it I need to to know now! So I took it with a/z plan. $24k!! Love the color very basic but I can not say how surprised and impressed I am with performance!! This thing is a little rocket! I swear it's faster than 2.3t mustang I had as rental, so funt to drive when you pop it in sport mode particularly. Liking more than I thought, going to throw some new rims and tires on soon

Ford Maverick Found XL at dealer lot!!! Fun fast little truck 20220227_121430
Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice - if they honored the a/z plan it is no skin off your back while you wait for your order.

OP
OP
Jmav216

Jmav216

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xl
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Right, if I'm not happy with it I'm sure I can sell easily when mine comes in, which may be next year lol

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds like you lucked out and found one at MSRP sans the A/Z pricing plan. I have the same trim and options and paid ~25k.

If you want add on cruise control just like it would work on an XLT and some other package specific options like the FX4 drive modes come over to the forscan section of the forum and dig around.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Legit luck- I also had a 2.3T Mustang rental and that thing would pony up !

Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So have a lariat ordered. But I lucked into stumbling on to this xl, 2t, awd, 4ktow model. I called dealer and someone's order financing fell thru. She said you want it I need to to know now! So I took it with a/z plan. $24k!! Love the color very basic but I can not say how surprised and impressed I am with performance!! This thing is a little rocket! I swear it's faster than 2.3t mustang I had as rental, so funt to drive when you pop it in sport mode particularly. Liking more than I thought, going to throw some new rims and tires on soon

20220227_121430.jpg
Are you keeping both or going to sell one ?

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Right, if I'm not happy with it I'm sure I can sell easily when mine comes in, which may be next year lol
I have an XL FWD EB scheduled to be built 3/7, MSRP from Long McArthur - something like $22,600 after doc fee. I plan to keep it while I wait for the Lariat as well, then sell. I ordered Velocity Blue and really regret that part, though.

OP
OP
Jmav216

Jmav216

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xl
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No I don't plan on keeping both, haven't decided what I'm gonna do. Cooper tires were on my 2012 escape, I put them on and put new tires that came on maverick on escape for my wife so she has new tires, she is going to use escape. I definitely would be interested in adding cruise and even more so power and heated mirrors, not sure if possible?

OP
OP
Jmav216

Jmav216

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xl
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered icon silver mainly for maintenance purpose, hides scratches and dirt, but after getting carbonized gray I like this better, looks nice in sun. The lady at dealership told me I can change color unless I have build date, call and ask to change color

Sponsored

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Local dealer had an XL stock truck and I test drove it. No knock against this trim, but man compared to my Lariat I would have a tough time living without those extra that are comfortable to me. Perhaps you shouldn't put too much into the XL pending getting the Lariat because if you want those extras it will be well worth it in my book. Congrats on your find!

OP
OP
Jmav216

Jmav216

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xl
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Like this one, color is really nice!

Ford Maverick Found XL at dealer lot!!! Fun fast little truck Screenshot_20220127-122044_Gallery

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice find! Shocked the dealer let it go under plan price right off the street, but good for you! You can probably make a few bucks if you sell it when your order arrives.

My only test drive was a AWD XL, punchy combo for sure!

OP
OP
Jmav216

Jmav216

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xl
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My problem with lariat I ordered is I couldn't get luxery package because of parts shortage or something, so I was annoyed, you get lariat but has no heated mirrors, no adaptive cruise, but yes I understand it will be nicer, but payment on this one is nice. I'm only putting bedliner in, tonneau cover and new wheels, I would take tonneau cover and put on lariat if I do take it when it comes in. I actually like xl interior better than xlt, plus the light gray parts on xlt would not work for me, dogs, kids wife lol etc

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My problem with lariat I ordered is I couldn't get luxery package because of parts shortage or something, so I was annoyed, you get lariat but has no heated mirrors, no adaptive cruise, but yes I understand it will be nicer, but payment on this one is nice. I'm only putting bedliner in, tonneau cover and new wheels, I would take tonneau cover and put on lariat if I do take it when it comes in. I actually like xl interior better than xlt, plus the light gray parts on xlt would not work for me, dogs, kids wife lol etc
Oh yeah that absolutely changes the equation. You do need to do what is best for you and your situation. Sounds like you lucked up on the XL and it may end up working out better for you given that you couldn't get what you really wanted on the Lariat.
Sponsored